Installation On Raspberry Pi 3

Hi,

I’m new to Nextcloud and mostly a Windows ex-Tech (I can follow instructions but typically use Linux only when I have to).

I installed Nextcloud on my Raspberry Pi 3 following this Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHWHQFwxFcE.

As I went, I made notes (to rebuild if necessary), which are these:

• sudo docker pull nextcloud
  • sudo docker run --name nextcloud -d -p 8080:80 nextcloud
  • sudo docker stop nextcloud
  • sudo docker rm nextcloud
  • sudo docker pull postgres
  • sudo docker network create --driver bridge nextcloud-net
  • sudo docker run --name postgres -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=xxxxxx --network nextcloud-net -d postgres
  • sudo docker run --name nextcloud -d -p 8080:80 -v /home/pi/nextcloud:/var/www/html --network nextcloud-net nextcloud

After a few minutes (in a web browser) access Nextcloud: :8080

Supply an admin user and password then click PostgreSQL supplying the parameters above i.e.

Database user: postgres
Database password: xxxxxx
Database name: postgres
Localhost: postgres

• lsblk -f
  • sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb
  • sudo mkdir /media/usbcloud
  • sudo mount /dev/sdb /media/usbcloud
  • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /media/usbcloud
  • sudo docker run --name nextcloud -d -p 8080:80 -v /media/usbcloud:/data --network nextcloud-net -v /home/pi/nextcloud:/var/www/html nextcloud

I changed some minor details, using “usbcloud” instead of “usbdrive” and it was there, accessing the web interface after the last command, that I got the following message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

I’ve tried looking for said server log ( /home/pi/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log) but there’s nothing much intelligible in it.

Fairly obvious, I’m no Linux expert but has anyone got any idea what I’ve done wrong?

Thanks

James

OK,

So I’ve recovered the situation a bit. I stopped and removed nextcloud then postgres:

• sudo docker rm postgres

Then I ran:

• sudo docker run --name nextcloud -d -p 8080:80 nextcloud

That gave me a log on and I was able to create a new Admin ID.

If I run the next few commands, installing postgres, I run into the same problem I had to begin with so I rolled it back to where I have the basic logon.

My purpose is to create a simple cloud installation (basic cloud functionality I’m able to use & control) but I’m not sure what I can do with just SQLite so maybe someone can answer that for me at this point?

Thanks

James