Install on Rock64 help

I have successfully gotten Armbian (Debain 9.4 w/ Kernel aarch64 4.4.124-rk3328) to install, update, and run. I also finally got the curl script to fully execute with no errors. I was having an issue with apache2 but finally got it straight. After that step, I am at a loss. I have been searching and trying for about 2 solid hours now. As per the 50 “other” instructions for Pi boards, the next step is to log in through the web browser?? I have tried about everything and no joy. I am sure it’s just me getting frustrated and tired and the answer is right in front of my nose…

Anyway- any help or a shove in the right direction would be a God send!

Thanks!

T

Anyone? I need help setting up the server side (I guess)? I need to be able to setup my ‘nextcloudaccount’@‘localhost’. I will be hosting it myself I guess? Just could use some help…

Ok, so I actually made it to the login and set up an admin. I can transfer and store files on my home network. How do I go about setting up correctly SSL and the rest of it? I feel that I am missing things here. I have been searching all night and haven’t found anything helpful about doing this… Help would be really really cool.

Thanks…

Have a look at this tutorial. It is for Ubuntu, but the steps should basically be the same for Debian:

Thank you Bernie- I just flashed Ubuntu Server Armbian and am trying it out. I had read this step-by-step before but I think I was using something else. I will let you know where it lands me.

Side question- To have nextcloud setup outward facing the internet, what all do I need? Do I need a domain name? I am wanting to run it off of this Rock64 and let it run off my connection.

Thank you for your time and help,

T

Made it pretty far and hit my first snag. Under the “Let’s Encrypt” section, how would I set this up to use outside of my home network?

I will leave the device plugged in 24/7. I need to register a domain name and then do what? I have been searching this for a couple of hours now and can’t find anything clearer than mud…

You need to set up a dynamic dns service that points a domain name to your routers IP. Also your router needs to be configured to forward ports 80/443 to your Rock64.

This page might be useful for you:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DynamicDNS

Awesome! Thank you for your help Bernie! Rereading my posts, I can tell I was tired due to all the typo’s, LOL!

I registered a domain yesterday and am still waiting for them to finalize it, which should be done today. I will be looking up DDNS and getting that all straighted out as well as fort forwarding.

I am printing all this out and putting it in my book to reference when I do something similar.

Thank you again with all your help, means a lot!

-T

Bernie- I got it up and running! Thank you for your help with this. This weekend I am going to complete a step by step for dummies (or people like me) and post it up on my website.

I really cannot thank you enough for taking the time to lend me a hand.

Thank you very much!

~Travo

1 Like