Install Collabora on a server and Nextcloud on other server

Hello,

I have need help, i try to install collabora on my server.

I have a multiple installation to nextcloud, on differents server.

So, i have a server hosted by ovh. this server, for the moment, is clean, a simple lamp.
This server is only dedicated for collabora.

My questions is :
1- What are the apache configuration for this type of installation? The instance docker configuration ?
2- I need to install nginx ?

The collabora server is not in the LAN with other installation nextcloud.

Thanks in advance.
Thomas

I installed Collabora on a virtual machine (VirtualBox) using a docker image for Ubuntu server. It was a bit of a pain in the …s till I figured out what was needed, it’s up and running and has been for couple months now, so pretty stable. Once DockerCollabora is up and running you need either apache2 or nginx to revers proxy and letsencrypt to get a valid certificate.
You will also need a separate sub.domain.tld so your NC can connect to it. I don’t think being in same LAN is required.
How many users? Better test it first, I personally dont use it much, it works but don’t like interface and limited options (and my NC is on a RaspberryPi), I use LibreOffice mostly to create and edit.

Instructions/documentation

Hello OllverV

Thanks for respond.

How many users? Approx 25users, but of which maximum 15 simultaneous users.

Ok Great. I try this tomorrow.

Yeah is very limited… OnlyOffice is better, but the collaborative is really bad. And the installation is soooo much hard without docker…

My server is 4cpu and 10go ram, i think to shared the link for collabora ( or only office, why not, if i successfully installed without docker )

Be aware of Collabora limitations 10docs/20connections

@OliverV

Hi Oliver,

Sorry I’m stucked with Collabora installation, maybe similar to your architecture.
I have the Apache2 ReverseProxy on another server than the one I have Collabora, and it redirects all traffic of the collabora domain to the ip address of Collabora Server on port 9980.
Should I have to install another Apache2 also on the Collabora Server??

I don’t think because collabora should be on listening on the port 9980 by itself, so if there is another machine that is redirecting traffic to it it should work, right?

Both nextcloud and code/collabora/onlyoffice requiere to be https/ssl valid connection to interact.

So the office server needs a reverse proxy (apache/nginx/ha prox) to pass local connection (9980) as https using a valid ssl cert and domain (different from the nextcloud one).
Any domain with letsencrypt will be enough.

Cheers!