Increase max file size on official docker container (not linuxserver)

This is my first time installing Nextcloud. I’m running the official docker on Unraid, through Nginx Proxy Manager for security. I’d like to increase the maximum file size and the only information I’ve been able to find suggests editing the PHP.ini and updating the relevant values file (does not seem to exist in this docker) or heading to additional settings (seems to have been removed).

From my System page in Admin options…

PHP
Version: *8.1.16*
Memory limit: *512 MB*
Max execution time: *3600*
Upload max size: *512 MB*

Extensions: *Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, ctype, curl, dom, fileinfo, filter, ftp, hash, iconv, json, mbstring, SPL, session, PDO, pdo_sqlite, standard, posix, Reflection, Phar, SimpleXML, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, mysqlnd, apache2handler, apcu, bcmath, exif, gd, gmp, imagick, intl, ldap, memcached, pcntl, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, redis, sodium, zip, Zend OPcache*

So not an error, I just can’t figure out how to change this value on this official docker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

hello @MajorTomG welcome to the forum :handshake:

official Docker image supports configuration variables PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT and PHP_UPLOAD_LIMIT (default 512M).

Please also check if you have a reverse proxy in the front of the Nextcloud container, you should have upload size limitation increased at the reverse proxy side also. Or it will still face some interrupt when uploading very large files.

1 Like