Improve file upload to Nextcloud without mobile app

I would try to separate things a bit. For example, test multiple file upload with the test setups, so we are sure it’s always the same system. Does it work for everybody (which OS, which OS version, which browser)?

If there is a problem in the embedded Linux of a NAS, there are not so many people who are expert for these systems. It might be a bit better for NAS based on Debian or FreeBSD where you can probably follow the normal guides for these systems. But before opening this side, you should first exclude that there is a problem on the client side and perhaps find a desktop browser where you can use the developer tools to extract as much information as possible.

Are there any plans for the future to implement multiple file upload via browser on a portable device?

I tested it with the actual version 18 of nextcloud with my smartphone and it still doesn’t work. You can select multiple files but only one file will be uploaded. This is a basic must have feature for a cloud and really annoying that it’s still missing.

Hello @gryban1,

welcome to the user community of Nextcloud.

You replying to a three year old topic.
Please check issue tracker at GitHub for related issues.

Who is defining “basic” for all users?

Best regards

Ah! For all users having similar problems:

It’s Firefox on a mobile device which has problems uploading multiple files - Chrome works fine!
Instead of uploading all files its creating one new file of 0kb and with the actual timestamp.
I’m heading to mozilla asking for help with this.
Maybe it’s already known.

Regards,
Roland

I think back then, it was not possible from the browser. Nowadays, it seems to have changed. Not sure if FF has implemented it or perhaps differently.

Thats correct. With latest firefox releases I could upload multiple folders and files at once simply by drag and drop.

I guess we are not far from my intial request. My intent was to easily share a place where people can upload photos. We can do this already today by sharing a folder hiding other files and allowing upload. But still a little step is missing. The link needs to be shared easily.

Do you guys have an idea how this could be done better than sending the link via communication apps?