Impossible to view users in Everyone group, nor search for users by their Display Name

[/details]

Nextcloud version (16.0.4):
Operating system and version (Centos 7):
PHP version (7.2.21):

The issue you are facing:

When attempting to view the group “Everyone” in the user section, I am not able to display any users. I get the error message that says: An error occurred. Unable to proceed. This is shown in the logging sections. Very vague.

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OC\Accounts\AccountManager::addMissingDefaultValues() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Accounts/AccountManager.php on line 139 at /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Accounts/AccountManager.php#176

It is also impossible in other user groups to search for a user by their display name. You can find users by searching for account name just fine, but not display name. This goes for all groups.

Been trying to search for this issue and been doing some basic troubleshooting but cannot find the source of the issue.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. Log in to Nextcloud
  2. Go to Users section
  3. Visit the “Everyone” group (start page of users)

Bumping thread

This shows in the Web console when trying to Access “Everyone”

If you enter into the everyone group, it is possible to search for the users and find them. You can even search for their Full names then.

Got another entry in my log that could be interesting:

[cron] Error: TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OC\Settings\BackgroundJobs\VerifyUserData::shouldRun() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/nextcloud/settings/BackgroundJobs/VerifyUserData.php on line 102 at <>

1. /var/www/html/nextcloud/settings/BackgroundJobs/VerifyUserData.php line 102
    OC\Settings\BackgroundJobs\VerifyUserData->shouldRun(null)
  2. /var/www/html/nextcloud/cron.php line 123
    OC\Settings\BackgroundJobs\VerifyUserData->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})

at 2019-09-24T11:00:01+00:00

Can also see in the oc_jobs table that the Background job VerifyUserData has never been executed. Wondering if this can be related to this issue?

Solution found here:

A bug in the nextcloud platform.