Impossible to install Nextcloud sync in Mac OSX Tahoe

Hi
I have a problem with a user that is unhappy on Mac running Mac OSX Tahoe 26.6. He is unable to install the Nextcloud sync client. Tried different versions en 34 (34.0.4, 34.0.3 and others) but installs fails with that message (translated from french): "Nextcloud is damaged and can’t be opened. You should put that element in bin.


Someone got that issue already ? Tempted to ask him to try the version 35 but it’s still in RC :confused:
Thanks

That sounds like a problem specific to the user’s device or downloaded installer. That message is well known from situations in which the installer package signing is corrupted. This might also happen due to tampering. :grimacing:

If this would have happened on our end, we would have noticed already because it would have affected a lot (basically everyone with those installers) of people and it would get top priority and attention. We have no such report yet, though. :woman_shrugging:

Did the user download the installer from our official website? What is the (exact) size of the installer?

By the way: We have released 34.0.5 just now! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @iva.horn for your detailed answer. It has been downloaded multiple times in different versions from the official nc github release page linked on page you indicated. I’m going to ask user to download the file with a different browser just in case :confused:

(post deleted by author)

Okay, some confusion, chaos and panic later, this can be copied and pasted into the Terminal app of macOS to download it:

curl -fL -o ~/Downloads/Nextcloud-34.0.5.pkg "https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/releases/Mac/Installer/Nextcloud-34.0.5.pkg"

Then, the following command can compute a checksum for the downloaded file:

shasum -a 256 ~/Downloads/Nextcloud-34.0.5.pkg

Which should turn out to be 30b9df2bb38d9c510218bf7633ed90d6407c08f49618aee14c5fd5b7a592f175. Does it?

Thanks for your message but too complicated to ask at user (it’s a very basic user on Mac OSX, well like all Mac OSX users no ? :rofl:)
If I do it on Linux it confirms well the checksum. Should I ask user to test with 34.0.5 build ?

It’s a very basic user on Mac OSX, well like all Mac OSX users no ? :rofl:

This is needless condescendence and childish. Also bites you back because I am a professional software engineer specialized on Apple platforms who left (desktop) Linux for macOS and the better years ago who is now supporting you. Besides: your user can theoretically read that disparaging statement and their own screenshot in public on the web.

Should I ask user to test with 34.0.5 build ?

Sure. Later maintenance releases are always better because they ship fixes. I verified that our builds are fine and that it works with the platform. I will leave the first-level end user support to your superior 1337 skills from here on. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well if you can’t understand smiley that’s something else :wink

Best