Images does not appear as thumbnales and are not viewable without downloading

Dear Nextcloud community, I want to share pictures with my family and used a public link for a folder. I tried to upload files from several mobile phones .Unfortunately I am not able to see the images in any of the Nextcloud apps unless I download them and open them in some local app. Does anyone know what might be wrong? However files that are added from a desktop computer are visible in the folder when I open from a browser. But the ones that are added from my mobile phone have to be downloaded first.

I want all the photos to appear in the folder but when I click on them i get the message “error loading”.
I use the Nextcloud Dev app for Android version 20200610 I think I am on the latest Nextcloud version, Debian Buster. I am on a community server so I have no admin rights. But I thought I check here before I bother our admin.
All the best

1 Like

Dear Community this problem persists I get the same error loading when trying to view the image in any web browser. I am thus not able to share images with other internal and external users. Locally though within the webdav desktop sync client both in debian and OSX I can view the image but not the thumbnail. I know that the above explanation was not very detailed. What more info should I provide?

1 Like

I now tried another Nextcloud instance that is 21.0.1 and uploading and sharing photo folders and contents + thumbnales worked without problems.
The instance not working is on 20.0.9.

1 Like

NextCloud 24.0.3 is having the exact same problem as far as I know. Maybe someone who knows how to solve this issue ? Many thanks!

Hey, im having the same issue on the latest AIO docker version. Can download pretty quick but thumbnails and previews dont work on web or mobile app. Can view in 3rd party photos viewer though