I have a fresh Nextcloud installation

Hello everyone,

I have a fresh Nextcloud installation.
I have the problem that I can’t enter a password via the external access to the Nextcloud, the field is there but I can’t enter anything. Username can be typed in.

Please fill in the support template and provide information about your environment, the setup and explain in detail what you have tested and what you understand under “`external access”.

Nextcloud version (eg, 29.0.5):
[Nextcloud Hub 8]29.0.2

Operating system and version _(, Ubuntu 24.04):
Ubuntu 24.04

Apache or nginx version _(eg, Apache 2.4.25):
Server version: Apache/2.4.58 (Ubuntu)
Server built: 2024-04-18T15:13:41

PHP version _(eg, 8.3)

If I access the weblogin from an internal host, I can log in.

I have a subdomain that points to the server:
extern.example.com

the login area is displayed I can enter the username but the password field cannot be filled in

How you are in detail accessing the server from an internal host, by using the IP address or the domain name?
Are there any errors logged in the Nextcloud and Webserver log file if you try to logon over the Internet?

Both IP and FQDN work from the internal network without any problems

I have the following settings in config.php :

array (
0 => ‘192.168.0.25’,
1 => ‘SRV-NEXTCLOUD01.example.local’,
2 => ‘extern.example.com’,

‘overwrite.cli.url’ => ‘https://extern.example.com’ ,
‘overwritehost’ => ‘extern.example.com’ ,

the domain example.com is only a placeholder
OWA access or autodiscovery work without any problems via the corresponding subdomains.

DNS or IP resolution do not seem to cause any problems here.
Is there a point in the config where, for example, access is only permitted from a known network?

No, I’m not aware about such configuration setting. What about the reuested log information. Have you checked it already?

Hi j-ed,

thanks for your help, updating the version to 29.0.3 has solved the problem.

Great to hear that, but I wonder how you can upgrade to that version although you stated in one of your previous posts that you would already be on 29.0.2?!

I had mistyped update was from 29.0.2 to 29.03

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.