I give up. Sorry nextcoud, nice in theory very poorly implemented

Sorry to hear about your issues, but I do not acccept your accusation of nextcloud being a shitty software at all.

I’ve installed about 150+ instances of nextcloud in various environments so far and only had a very small ammount of issues.

the most issues came from misconfigurations from my or end-users side, and a very little goes to miscalculated or overloaded hardware.

and to mention as well, one installation was perfectly fine, it was the combination of carrier/provider and bad proxy setup from an external partner.

let me keep this short as possible: the first 20 installations went not as good as expected, but my skills progression after every “failure” gave me an insight that mostly my faults lead to these instabilities.

maybe it is simply you who is the root of the cause?

2 Likes

True. But Tom wasn’t bringing up ideas for improvement, he was spouting nonsense in an attempt for attention.

He won’t, he has no intention of improving or fixing his stated issues, it’s all about getting attention for himself.

Ha! :rofl:

:+1:

1 Like

o_O

Are you serious? You genuinely think “most web servers” have less than 2GB of RAM? In 2018? This is probably a clue as to your technical ability. My current home server has 16GB of RAM, and my last server (half a decade ago) had 4GB. I haven’t had a computer with 2GB since the Vista days. And that was a desktop, not a server.

Well, you hope. Otherwise your nonsense might be called out.

:lying_face:

Really? Even though that command doesn’t work on Windows? The most common client platform?

Have you put any thought into your attention getting post at all? The more I read your nonsense the sillier it reads.

Sorry, but I really don’t think this is constructive in any way. If we criticize the posts of someone else being useless, we should make it better.

Well …

If someone has an idea how the synch process could be improved to handle git repositories even better, may he respond here.
For all the poking, ranting and raving about each other: that’s just a waste of everybody’s time.

2 Likes

I don’t have the energy to read through everyone’s misguided anger, but what I did notice was

Is the issue syncing git repos? In that case, I have several git repos syncing to NC in production system, and they work. SOMETIMES an error comes up, but most of the time it sorts itself out. I enable sync hidden files on the client and have added 3 extensions I don’t want synced, and it works. Both on Fedora and CentOS clients.

1 Like

I was talking about improvements. Sure, synching files work in general and OP was telling that the performance could be better:

Git repositories were mentioned later, probably being the most problematic.

And that’s just what I’m saying. There is room for improvements. It doesn’t mean the software is bad. NC is awesome and it works very well for many users - and it works great for me. Nonetheless, there is always something which can be improved and I’m fine if somebody points that out. Yeah, indeed the sound makes the music, I totally agree. But we don’t need to rant back :wink:
Let’s just take it easy.

And just by the way, I like an old saying: Who believes to be good, has ceased to be better.

Please stay on topic and do not affront forum users. This should be a rule for all users here.

3 Likes

Let’s close this topic. The OP probably got the point and if there are open and unanswered critics, please open a dedicated topic.

4 Likes