I get "go-vod-Binärdatei ist nicht ausführbar. " (go-vod binary not executable)

in memories admin pages i see the message that go-vod-amd64 binary is not executable

the written logfile in /tmp/go-vod delivers

nohup: failed to run command '/tmp/go-vod-ocwm8z8m1dd9-0.1.11-3f091b7f': Permission denied
nohup: failed to run command '/tmp/go-vod-ocwm8z8m1dd9-0.1.11-3f091b7f': Permission denied

My settings in the filesystem are as follows

My settings in the nextcloud admin pages are like this

My VA-API-Device (/dev/dri/renderD128) is readable (green)

The NC is running as VM in VMware vSphere (ESXi 7) ,

I have tried to set
chmod +x …/exiftool-bin/go-vod-amd64 as executable but with no success

There must be missing some user rights for the www-data user but i have no idea which one …
So thanks for any help

with the
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/memories/exiftool-bin/exiftool-amd64-glibc

Exiftool EXIF Extraction i had the same trouble but could come around this by using the perl binary that could be set in the admin pages.

Is there a possibility to check what ubuntu needs to start the go-vod transcoder?
Any perl settings as well?

I really need help with that

What did you do under ubuntu to get this working?
(for all who has it working with the local binary)

OK i got transcoding working. For others who may have similar problems here the solution

My mistake was to think that the file “go-vod-amd64” has to be executable but really it must be the local “/tmp” dir that has to be.

so i temporary set my /tmp executable by

sudo mount -o remount,exec /tmp

I know it is potentially a security risk to enable executables in /tmp but for the moment the memories app does not have an option to change the temp dir from “/tmp” to anything else …

After reboot i could enable go-vod video transcoding as well.

To have these exec permissions to “survive” a reboot it seems to be nescessary to set the “exec” parameter to the tmpfs /tmp in fstab.
Not nice because of the mentioned securioty breach but for the moment the only way, seems so.

1 Like