I get a "code 7" error when trying to login to Nextcloud from Gnome "Online Accounts"

I’ve been looking all over the internet for the best place to ask this but I don’t know. I’m not sure if I should ask my Nextcloud service provider, Gnome, or here.

When I try to login to my Nextcloud account through Gnome’s “Online Accounts” page I get a “code 7” error. I’m able to login from the browser and from the dedicated Nextcloud app but file manager integration won’t work until I login from Gnome.

If someone could point me in the right direction I’d be grateful. It’s frustrating having a problem and not even knowing where to look for help.

needhelp

I would tend to ask your provider, because the login mask doesn’t look like the standard Nextcloud login mask. Therefore it is most-likely not a Nextcloud but a provider related user authentication topic.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll ask my service provider. Hopefully they’re familiar with desktop Linux and Gnome’s “Online Accounts”.

I tried again and weirdly it broke in a different way. This time it let me login but immediately said “Credentials have expired”

My provider dug into the problem and we came to the conclusion that it’s probably a Gnome bug.

1 Like