I can't see the files and folders uploaded via FTP

Hello.
Through FTP I upload folders and files to the right place /nextclouddata-admin account-files/, but after opening Nextcloud I don’t see them. Why?

[/details]

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 26.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[PHP] Error: Undefined array key "mail_smtpauthtype" at /home/vhdimov/public_html/nextcloud/apps/settings/templates/settings/admin/additional-mail.php#132

GET /nextcloud/index.php/settings/admin
from 87.121.20.89 by admin_nextcloud at 2023-05-20T22:06:13+00:00

Use the occ command files:scan to make Nextcloud aware of the new files as described in the User manual or use WebDAV for putting your files on your server.

1 Like

Thank you.
But this is hosting, not personal server :wink:
I’ll try with WebDAV and will write about result.

There are also nice Nextcloud clients for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. And also if you want to upload folders and subfolders you can use the Web-GUI with drag-and-drop.

1 Like

I try to upload files with WinSCP. Files are uploaded, I can see it on Nextcloud, but upload speed is very slow…
The reason for all this is the migration from FoleRun to Nextcloud. I want to download all my folders and files from FileRun and upload it to Nextcloud.
Thank you

Sorry i do not know the software. I think it is FileRun. But maybe you can include the software with External Storage and copy directly with WebDAV from your old cloud to Nextcloud. If yes read this and this.

1 Like

It’s certainly slower than FTP or SCP, but you should be able to reach 30-50% of the connection capacity, if you are well below, the setup is not optimized …
starting point: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/server_tuning.html
And the database caching itself…

1 Like

Upload speed via webdav /WinSCP/ is much slower compared to upload speed via FTP /FileZilla/. Becouse FileZilla Free don’t have WebDav.

Edit:
Thanks for your time and guidance. I decided to download the old cloud /FileRun/ download and upload it regardless of the slow speed. Greetings!

But the question remains why I can’t see the files and folders uploaded via FTP.

Because if you use a tool like FTP/sftp the Nextcloud database does not recognize the new files in the file system. Only if you use tools like WebDAV or the Nextcloud functions the Nextcloud database (webserver php → database) recognizes the new files. Also you can use the command posted above from @stefan-niedermann .

sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all
(webuser with shell access: php occ files:scan --all)

documentation

The files:scan command scans for new files and updates the file cache.

1 Like

Thank you.

WinSCP was the slowest WebDAV client in my quick and dirty upload benchmarking. I haven’t yet had time to investigate further why.

Cyberduck was the fastest, btw.

1 Like

Thanks. I confirm that the Cyberduck speed is very high.

I didn’t even know WinSCP supported WebDAV at all.

In order not to open a new topic, please answer me if there is a possibility when starting the Nextcloud to start “Files” and not “Dashboard” ?

Set

'defaultapp' => 'files',

in config/config.php.

documentation

1 Like

Yep ! Thank you. Again :wink:

1 Like

I am currently working on the same issue. I linked one of the NC directories to a samba share, as my printer does support SFTP, FTP, SMB to store scan’s on a server.

I thought to use a script with run OCC files:scan --P=/mnt/… every time a file was been added or removed from that location.

Does anybody has some experience who to run a script on file add/change/delete