HTTP ERROR 500 after update to nc 13

I am also getting an 500 error after upgrade from nc 13.0.0 to 13.0.1
I cannot use the Nextcloud UI anymore. I do get the login page when in Private browsing mode but after login it fails with an error message at the url: /apps/files/

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

Note that the Desktop client and the Android app can normally connect.
In The Server log I can find:

{“reqId”:“WryGe0iE-6cEmyKOuLtxAAAAABw”,“level”:3,“time”:“2018-03-29T06:23:57+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“176.74.156.189”,“user”:“admin”,“app”:“core”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/apps/files/”,“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“OCP\Files\NotFoundException”,“Message”:”“,“Code”:0,“Trace”:”#0 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/Node.php(217): OC\Files\Node\Node->getFileInfo()\n#1 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/Node.php(117): OC\Files\Node\Node->getPermissions()\n#2 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/File.php(62): OC\Files\Node\Node->checkPermissions(2)\n#3 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Files/SimpleFS/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\Files\Node\File->putContent(’/\n * Copyright…’)\n#4 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php(194): OC\Files\SimpleFS\SimpleFile->putContent(’/\n * Copyright…’)\n#5 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php(103): OC\Template\JSCombiner->cache(’/home/username/…’, ‘merged.json’, Object(OC\Files\SimpleFS\SimpleFolder))\n#6 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Template/JSResourceLocator.php(113): OC\Template\JSCombiner->process(’/home/username/…’, ‘js/merged.json’, ‘files_versions’)\n#7 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Template/JSResourceLocator.php(100): OC\Template\JSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendCombineJsonIfExist(’/home/username/…’, ‘js/merged.json’, ‘files_versions’)\n#8 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Template/ResourceLocator.php(78): OC\Template\JSResourceLocator->doFind(‘files_versions/…’)\n#9 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php(306): OC\Template\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\n#10 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php(146): OC\TemplateLayout::findJavascriptFiles(Array)\n#11 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/legacy/template.php(207): OC\TemplateLayout->__construct(‘error’, ‘’)\n#12 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/Template/Base.php(132): OC_Template->fetchPage()\n#13 /home/username/public_html/lib/private/legacy/template.php(351): OC\Template\Base->printPage()\n#14 /home/username/public_html/index.php(65): OC_Template::printExceptionErrorPage(Object(OCP\Files\NotFoundException))\n#15 {main}“,“File”:”/home/username/public_html/lib/private/Files/Node/Node.php",“Line”:97}",“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0) like Gecko”,“version”:“13.0.1.1”}

I cannot use occ (shell) commands since I am on Shared hosting.

Had same problem going from NC 12.0.6 to 13.0.2, did the terminal console upgrade suggestion from server install folder and worked like a champ. Wish developers were more careful on this, but heck, this is what we expect for with open source slight_smile:

Same problem (internal server error) after upgrade from 13.0.1 to 13.0.2.
Unable to access web interface.
Disabling files_versions (1.6.0) with “sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable files_versions” resolves error 500.
After “Error: This app can not be enabled because it makes the server unstable”

The initial issue was solved, so I close this issue. If you get the same error message, the reason is probably different. If there are unwanted interferenced during updates with certain apps, don’t hesitate to open a bug report on https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues.