HP OfficeJet - Scan to nextcloud folder

Hi,

I’m using NCP on a Raspi 3B+ in Nextcloud Version 17.0.3.1

I have an “HP OfficeJet Pro 9020”.
Is it possible to scan documents directly in a folder on nextlcoud?
On the webserver of the printer I can only choose “Scan to a netwerk folder”.
Or directly on the printer it is possible scanning to a “Dropbox” or “Google Drive” account.
Does this printer support scans to FTP. I don’t believe it.
Is there a way to resolve this issue? Maybe with “External storage”?
I couldn’t find a solution in the internet.

Kind regards,
Michael

You could try the Scanner app: https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/scanner

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I’ll test the app.

Otherwise should it also work with SMB/CIFS in “External Storage”?

But how are the settings?
Screenshot_20200305_092153|570x499

yes. but not on nextcloudlevel… at least not as a first step.

you want to make your scanner store files on your nc-machine. which means: you need to setup your machine that way that your scanner could connect to it. smb/cfis would be a good thing doing so.
then you need to tell nc where to look for those files. and this is where external storage comes in. you could attach that one as smb/cfis as well.

@JimmyKater

Blockquote
you want to make your scanner store files on your nc-machine. which means: you need to setup your machine that way that your scanner could connect to it.

I checked my installation. Samba is already installed and needs to be configured now.
The settings have to be done in the directory /etc/samba/smb.conf, right?
Where do I have to make which settings? My data directory is: “/media/USBdrive/ncdata”
Is it necessary and safer to create a new user?

Can you help me or recommend a good manual?

Regards,
micson

i think so, yes.

google would give you some great advice depending on your OS.

i personally wouldn’t want to break safety or only risk to break saftey due to some configuration-flaws. so I would have a new user and a different directory.

Now I had time again to deal with the topic.

When I try to add a network drive in Windows, I get the error message “No permission”.
If I try to give the folder “ncdata” the permission “775”, it will be deleted after a few seconds. Is the deletion done by Nextcloud or Nextcloudpi?
I solved the problem by creating the scanner folder under /media.

I “resolved it” using samba on a linux and scanning to this samba’s folder.

https://nuage.ch/site/use-your-hp-to-scan-on-a-nextcloud-folder/

Hello,

thanks for the info. I already solved the problem when I wrote my last entry.
On the linked page I don’t quite understand why a script is needed to show new files in the scanner folder of Nextcloud? It works fine for me without the script.

Other problem:
Sometimes (usually once a month) the Raspberry Pi reboots. I haven’t found out yet why and who is the culprit. In this case I have to restart the SAMBA server: /etc/init.d/smbd restart
How can I create a cron here so that the server is automatically started on restart as well?