HowTo: Install Collabora Online on Ubuntu 16.04. (without Docker!)

Same Here, itā€™s spend 5 hours to compile just the first step, and i have the same error as you.

did you follow the hint ā€˜firebirdā€™ in the error msg? Maybe it helps to compile LO without firebird support? Is there such an option ?

@joergschulz :
Hi, could you be more precise about the hint ?
Is it this ?

What can i do with this ?

I really donā€™t know yet - this is where I would start searching. Maybe you can tweak the config not to include the database connection.

--disable-firebird-sdbc

will do thisā€¦

That is my configā€¦

autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/YOUR_PATH \
--with-parallelism \
--with-lang='de' \
--without-java \
--disable-odk \
--disable-dconf \
--disable-firebird-sdbc \
--disable-postgresql-sdbc \
--without-help \
--without-system-dicts \
--enable-release-build=yes
1 Like

I manage to cut the install time plus rebuild-after error to about an hour with cache:
apt-get install ccache
export CCACHE_DIR=${HOME}/.ccache_distro36
export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="ccache parallel=9"
export CCACHE_BASEDIR=readlink -f .
ccache -M10G

Since I have enough RAM i created two VMs and testing other alternatives,
1- replacing the firebird with new source code from developers
2- merging existing libreoffice-firebird folder with new source code
3-Fingers cross :slight_smile:

libreoffice core is rebuilding again 4hours for the moment.
I have only 9Go left on my diskā€¦ i hope it will be enought for the next part.

This time it went further by manually replacing the firebird folder with source code, but now am stuck in this error:"

[LNK] Library/libsdbtlo.so /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.cxx: In function ā€˜void connectivity::firebird::evaluateStatusVector(const ISC_STATUS (&)[20], const rtl::OUString&, const com::sun::star::uno::Reference&)ā€™: /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.cxx:58:23: error: declaration of ā€˜void connectivity::firebird::evaluateStatusVector(const ISC_STATUS (&)[20], const rtl::OUString&, const com::sun::star::uno::Reference&) throw (com::sun::star::sdbc::SQLException)ā€™ has a different exception specifier throw(SQLException) ^ In file included from /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.cxx:10:0: /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.hxx:61:14: error: from previous declaration ā€˜void connectivity::firebird::evaluateStatusVector(const ISC_STATUS (&)[20], const rtl::OUString&, const com::sun::star::uno::Reference&)ā€™ void evaluateStatusVector(const ISC_STATUS_ARRAY& rStatusVector, ^ /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.cxx: At global scope: /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.cxx:67:56: error: ā€˜sal_Int32 connectivity::firebird::getColumnTypeFromFBType(short int)ā€™ should have been declared inside ā€˜connectivity::firebirdā€™ sal_Int32 firebird::getColumnTypeFromFBType(short aType) ^ /apps/libreoffice/core/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.cxx:109:59: error: ā€˜rtl::OUString connectivity::firebird::getColumnTypeNameFromFBType(short int)ā€™ should have been declared inside ā€˜connectivity::firebirdā€™ OUString firebird::getColumnTypeNameFromFBType(short aType) ^ /apps/libreoffice/core/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:268: recipe for target '/apps/libreoffice/core/workdir/CxxObject/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.o' failed make[1]: *** [/apps/libreoffice/core/workdir/CxxObject/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... Makefile:256: recipe for target 'build' failed make: *** [build] Error 2

AAAARRGGH ā€¦ i give up.
Again a faillure to compile libreoffice core :

no obvious way to instantiate implementation "AnyCompareFactory"
no obvious way to instantiate implementation "CBlankNode"
no obvious way to instantiate implementation "CLiteral"
////// A LOT OF NO OBVIOUS WAY ....///// and then 
Failures !!!
Run: 1   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
make CppunitTest_services CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"
# for interactive debugging on Linux
make CppunitTest_services VALGRIND=memcheck
# for memory checking
make CppunitTest_services DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE
# for exception catching

/opt/libreoffice/core/solenv/gbuild/CppunitTest.mk:107: recipe for target '/opt/libreoffice/core/workdir/CppunitTest/services.test' failed
make[1]: *** [/opt/libreoffice/core/workdir/CppunitTest/services.test] Error 1
Makefile:256: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

@SPeedY @Nemskiller Would you mind listing what OS and processor type you are attempting to build on? I see SPeedY used a VM, Iā€™m assuming this is an Intel x86 64 bit processor? Debian in the VM used for the build? I think Iā€™m going to purchase a Pi3 to see how it does.

I Use a VirtualMachine 64bits with 4Go Ram Ubuntu 16.04.1

@SPeedY @Nemskiller Ok, looks like firebird is the database driver. That looks like it is probably important for the program to store and retrieve info when it is in operation.

And the original problem with that was this: ā€œYour user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.ā€

Do either of you have mysql installed in the VM?

Ubuntu 16.04 - 32 GB of RAM - Fresh install - No MySQL or any other packages.

And the original problem with that was this: "Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login."

I downloaded firebird source and replace the install directory, after doing that the installation went further but now it stuck here /libreoffice/core/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:268: recipe for target ā€˜/apps/libreoffice/core/workdir/CxxObject/connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Util.oā€™ failed

Have anyone successfully installed Libreoffice from core?

@SPeedY I know you downloaded the songbird source, but after reading through the errors posted, I just understand the original problem with songbird more than I understand your compile issue with it.

I didnā€™t realize a database called firebird existed before I did some Googling this morning. I thought that was what they were calling the driver, but apparently it is a full database. Did you try installing that database system, and setting up the credentials config file that the error appears to be complaining about?

Maybe try setting up this before the compile: https://firebirdsql.org/manual/ubusetup.html
If it still complains about the login credentials after that, maybe this would be useful: https://firebirdsql.org/manual/ubusetup.html

Iā€™d definitely be a lot more help if I had the resources to attempt a compile myself. I think I will be able to do that in a few days.

SOME NEWS : Iā€™m gonna test it right away :

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3/fr#LibreOffice_Online

1 Like

Now then that is interesting, its docker but full and complete?

@Nemskiller I would like that post twice if I could.

I Hope but i canā€™t download itā€¦ i see it on https://hub.docker.com/r/libreoffice/online/

but when i start this command : docker pull libreoffice/online

i got : Using default tag: latest
Pulling repository docker.io/libreoffice/online
Tag latest not found in repository docker.io/libreoffice/online

What can i do ?

docker pull libreoffice/online

Weird as that was only pushed 20 hours ago.

Is that when your version of docker is newer than the created or vice versa.

Post an issue its out with Libre now so it will be open and fixed if its an issue.

Does docker pull libreoffice/online works with you ?

Oh I was being lazy, I will get back to you after creating a virtual machine :slight_smile:

[Edit]

Nope exactly the same.