HowTo: Install Collabora Online on Ubuntu 16.04. (without Docker!)

possibly, when the service runs, you have to adjust the certificates as described in some relevant threads.

I encounter the same kind of error, with Collabora debian’s package instead of Docker image.

I have this:

[ loolkit ] ERR Failed to install seccomp syscall filter| common/Seccomp.cpp:205
[ loolkit ] ERR LibreOfficeKit security lockdown failed. Exiting.| kit/Kit.cpp:1902
[ loolkit ] Failed to fork child processes.| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:2770
[ loolwsd ] WRN Waking up dead poll thread [admin], started: false, finished: false| ./net/Socket.hpp:507

@alphablue52 I have OpenSSL 1.0, and this file opt/online/net/Ssl.ccp doesn’t exist.
I have no /opt/online folder, only one for Collabora.

I have the same problem.
I cannot install officeonline-install.sh.
The last promt is
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 281.
And the preparation.log says:

lool:x:1001:1001::/opt/lool:/usr/sbin/nologin

What is wrong with my configuration?

:up: :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how to solve this seccomp install issue ?

Hi,

I have installed CODE from the debian packages, once on a KVM virtual Server, once on a virtual server from Strato,

When using KVM virtualisation, then CODE works like a charm, on the Vserver from Strato (based on Virtuoso) you get the error like shown in the discussion.

[ loolkit ] ERR Failed to install seccomp syscall filter| common/Seccomp.cpp:205
[ loolkit ] ERR LibreOfficeKit security lockdown failed. Exiting.| kit/Kit.cpp:1902
[ loolkit ] Failed to fork child processes.| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:2770

I have seen, that it is possible for the docker version to disable seccomp, how can I do so with the Repository installed version? Any Ideas?

Maybe I’ve the same issue, I’m using a OpenVZ virtual server.

Is it impossible to enable seccomp on this kind of server ?

We are using LXC containers, so running Docker image in LXC container is not an option.
So here is how to run Collabora online directly on Ubuntu 16.04.

I used scripts from this repo (they are used to provision Docker container btw)

first i run git clone https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/Docker-CODE.git
then cd Docker-CODE/scripts
then sh install-libreoffice.sh

then i created a service to autostart collabora on startup from second script start-libreoffice.sh
cp start-libreoffice.sh /opt

then vim /etc/systemd/system/office.service

[Unit]
Description=Start LibreOffice service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/bin/bash /opt/start-libreoffice.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

then systemctl enable office.service
then systemctl start office.service
then vim /etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml

find this section

<wopi desc="Allow/deny wopi storage. Mutually exclusive with webdav." allow="true">

and insert

<host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">nextcloud\.domain\.com</host>
every dot should be escaped with backslash. Where nextcloud.domain.com is the domain, where nextcloud is installed.

Whole section may look like this:

<wopi desc="Allow/deny wopi storage. Mutually exclusive with webdav." allow="true">
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">nextcloud\.domain\.com</host>
            <max_file_size desc="Maximum document size in bytes to load. 0 for unlimited." type="uint">0</max_file_size>
        </wopi>

After that run systemctl restart loolwsd

I used nginx as proxy for loolwsd from official collabora docs https://www.collaboraoffice.com/code/#getting_set_up

And it works!
Have fun

1 Like

:up: !
Any clue ?

For the seccomp issues: For me, compiling all the stuff by myself with the officeonline-install scripts worked. You only had to disable seccomp in the config file.

How do you do that ?

In the officeonline-install.cfg file, uncomment line lool_configure_opts and add the option so that it reads:

lool_configure_opts=’–disable-seccomp’

I also had to disable the cve-tests as suggested somewhere else, because it would not build after some changes in the sources some weeks ago.

lo_configure_opts=’–disable-cve-tests’

Still, I have issues now when opening a document which is not possible: There is a loop saying “not possible to connect to document, please try again”

Anyone a suggestion?

Hi all!

Thanks for this awesome script! Nearly everything is working fine for me at this point.

I am unable to open any document in Nextcloud. As some people here, I get this error message :

“Well, this is embarrasing, we cannot connect to your document.”

I’ve seen #6 post about this error, but didn’t clearly understand what to do to resolve it.

apache2 conf file : https://pastebin.com/UC0eYCUf
/etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml : https://pastebin.com/3XRaskU1

I’ve run out of idea

Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks.

I installed collabora on debian and its working fine. however i can not access the admin panel.
in /etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml PAM is enabled and there is no admin username or password. Changing these settings doesn’t help. any advice on this?

Hallo Pisoko,

ich habe vor einiger Zeit Collabora Online nach deinem Scrip erfolgreich installiert und in Nextcloud eingebunden. Nun möchte ich gern auf die neuen Versionen updaten. DafĂŒr habe ich zunĂ€chst auf einem identischen Testserver die neueren Versionen istallieren, was auch funktionierte. Ich kann Dokumente in Nextcloud öffnen, aber leider nicht bearbeiten. Im Browser sehe ich mich als erfolgreich beigetretenen Benutzer, aber sobald ich in das geöffnete Dokument schreiben will, bekomme ich die Meldung “Benutzer verlassen”. Beende ich die Tastatureingabe, kommt die Meldung “Benutzer ist beigetreten” und das Dokument ist unverĂ€ndert leer. Woran kann das liegen?

Gruß Holm

Hi,

i am interested in getting Collabora without Docker for a long time.
But i am technically not skilled enough to make it work. I searched a bit and found this HowTo for LXD Containers (whatever that is):

It uses .deb files from collabora directly which was not referenced here before afaik, so i assume this is something new:
https://www.collaboraoffice.com/repos/CollaboraOnline/CODE/

Can somebody who is more skilled than i am create a HowTo without this LXD stuff? for a normal Ubuntu installation?

greetings

STonE

Hi
Thoses debs packages are used to build the docker image.
Be aware that the limitations of multi opened documents and connexions are therefore the same and are relatively low, Which was one of the main critic about it.
Afaik I didn’t had any feedback about someone using directly the debs packages. I think they are build in the sol purpose of being used in docker. So I whould guess that the system integration are minimal when you install them.
You can check the docker file from the collabora branches in the libreoffice online repository to see how they do the rest of the integration.
Regards, Aal.

The packages install nicely on full system installations and are definitely not intended just for use with LXD/LXC/
 containers.

1 Like

Hi,

I did read all of your posts because I had the same problem and maybe I’ve found that faster path:

<security desc="Altering these defaults potentially opens you to significant risk">
  <seccomp desc="Should we use the seccomp system call filtering." type="bool" default="true">false</seccomp>
  <capabilities desc="Should we require capabilities to isolate processes into chroot jails" type="bool" default="true">true</capabilities>
</security>

Change <seccomp>false</seccomp to <seccomp>true</seccomp.

Mine looks like this now:

<security desc="Altering these defaults potentially opens you to significant risk">
  <!-- 23-07-2018 -->
  <!-- Deactivating seccomp because the VM which runs on top of virtuozzo doesn't supports the sec kernel module. -->
  <seccomp desc="Should we use the seccomp system call filtering." type="bool" default="true">false</seccomp>
  <capabilities desc="Should we require capabilities to isolate processes into chroot jails" type="bool" default="true">true</capabilities>
</security>

Now my log looks like the following.
$ journalctl -u loolwsd.service -e

Jul 23 14:16:34 example.com loolwsd[23428]: kit-23435-23431 2018-07-23 14:16:34.996219 [ loolkit ] ERR  Failed to install seccomp syscall filter| common/Seccomp.cpp:204
Jul 23 14:16:34 example.com loolwsd[23428]: kit-23435-23431 2018-07-23 14:16:34.996276 [ loolkit ] ERR  LibreOfficeKit seccomp security lockdown failed, but configured to continue. You are running in a significantly less secure mode.| kit/Kit.cpp:2247

But I can edit files in the webinterface of nextcloud now. So it works successfully.

The advantage: You don’t need to compile loolwsd by yourself because what you compile today is outdated tomorrow.

So, what do you think about this?

Hi,

i try to install Collabora on my Rock64 SBC (with 4GB RAM) but i get the following Error:

Error: . is not a valid filesystem

i don’t know what that mean and i dont find anything on the web :confused:

can someone help me?

Hi guys, does anyone know if the script also works on Ubuntu 18.04?