I just managed to install my Collabora Online, after about 9 months of suffering, the friendly user interface today finally opened uppon me and i was able to work in it, here’s what happened:
I had a seccomp error when starting loolwsd and tried everything i could find on the internet, the error would not go away, turns out i needed to install seccomp, a kernel module for linux, thus i tried that, wich was impossible since i had a VServer at Strato and they host their VServers with the software Virtuozzo to save some change on energy and save the environment, wich is a cause i support but wich bugged me a bit, the wise men and women at libre office land gave me the quest, i was forced to wander the lonely path of recompiling libre office online and loolwsd by myself stripping it of the seccomp support, i abstracted this old guide, adding a “–disable-seccomp” to the loolwsd configure and got stuck again with weird bugs while compiling libre office.
I then asked the humble codewarriors at the libre office irc and plead for help, they wouldn’t help me, but then one noticed my name, my father is a well known Figure in the land of LibreOffice and so they opened the gates and introduced me, questioned me, frawned at my request, but hinted me at a problem i never thought existed. The memory of my server was running low while creating LibreOffice, and i created the wrong github version as well, collabora-2-1 in the online repository and collabora/cp-5-3 in the core it shall be.
I then went forth to build the core again in a way that did not allow any test, as tests consumed the memory, this was frowned uppon by the wise men and women at libreoffice, but was seen as the only option as my server didn’t even allow me to enable swap files. Then i found out, that even this was not an option for my weak and cheap server, so i went forth as to compile it on a vserver, running into harddrive space issues because of my own fault but later building it to completion, i copied the compiled version, wich i failed to do right, as it stopped working on the server. But then i noticed something, the heavily modded minecraft server munched away allmost 2 gigabytes of my server’s 4 gigabyte of memory, so i stopped the minecraft server, and compiled libre office again with no tests, this time successfull. after compiling the local online github version i found more bugs, wich happened due to the github versions on the server not being 2-1 and 5-3, so i changed the branches to match the required. After this compiled, i went and tried again, and it failed, i noticed that one branch was not updated since long, so i git pulled and recompiled.
Heureka, it worked. loolwsd would start, and not crash again.
then i spent a day getting something to work ssl wise and later got something to run with a selfmade root ca and a self signed certificate and the Gates of Collabora Online opened up on me. Heureka.
I now need to share the root CA certificate with everyone who wants to use collabora in my cloud, but at last, it works.
I know that at some point, there might have been easier, or even faster ways to do this, but after 9 Months of compiling, recompiling asking, building, cloning and generating i just want to say to the people out there with the crappy vservers and the ton of building problems and problems like
"ERR Failed to install seccomp syscall filter| common/Seccomp.cpp:199":
There is Hope, there is a Way, and i hope you find a faster Path than the one i went.