How to use E2E encryption?

I have version 2.19.1 installed on several iOS devices with iOS 11. Server side ist NC 13 beta 4 with End-to-End Encryption enabled. I have no idea how to set a folder to encrypted; I do not find any optins for this. Am I missing something?

occ app:list
Enabled:

• activity: 2.6.1
  • comments: 1.3.0
  • dav: 1.4.6
  • deck: 0.2.7
  • end_to_end_encryption: 1.0.1
  • federatedfilesharing: 1.3.1
  • federation: 1.3.0
  • files: 1.8.0
  • files_sharing: 1.5.0
  • files_texteditor: 2.5.1
  • impersonate: 1.0.2
  • logreader: 2.0.0
  • lookup_server_connector: 1.1.0
  • nextcloud_announcements: 1.2.0
  • notifications: 2.1.2
  • oauth2: 1.1.0
  • password_policy: 1.3.0
  • polls: 0.8.1
  • provisioning_api: 1.3.0
  • serverinfo: 1.3.0
  • sharebymail: 1.3.0
  • systemtags: 1.3.0
  • theming: 1.4.1
  • twofactor_backupcodes: 1.2.3
  • unsplash: 1.0.5
  • updatenotification: 1.3.0
  • workflowengine: 1.3.0
    Disabled:
  • admin_audit
  • encryption
  • files_external
  • files_pdfviewer
  • files_trashbin
  • files_versions
  • files_videoplayer
  • firstrunwizard
  • gallery
  • survey_client
  • user_external
  • user_ldap

OK found it.

I have similar problem. I have installed End-to-End Encryption 1.0.2 on my Nextcloud 13.0 rc 3 and have Nextcloud 2.19.2 (19) on my iOS, but can’t find the way to create an encrypted folders or files.

Hi, first go to on More -> Settings -> End-to-end encryption for create the key !

Cheers

Already done it, but still can’t figured out how to use it? There’s no option to encrypt folder/file or create encryted folder.

Create a folder, or on empty folder,swipe left and select Encrypt, now all new file under this folder are encrypted …

Ouh… Thanks :slight_smile: How do I encrypt in web interface?

E2E = end to end, not available for web, only iOS Android Desktop

Of course. Sorry for my stupidity.

Oh ! no problem @0000p :wink:

I have a encrypted folder that I had created on a windows client . I am then trying to access the same encrypted folder from my IOS client with the same username . I am getting the following error “WebDAV Locked: The resource that is being accessed is locked” . Can somebody help ?

Same for me. This whole E2E is a brilliant concept but - as noted in the app description on the app store - still in alpha phase and to preview my summary: not really usable.

Experiences after one hour of using and a bit of testing:

• Installation/Setup neither guided nor documented (best one is from a third party)
  • Sync issues on all clients (iPhone and Windows, client version up to date) including the “WebDAV Locked: The resource that is being accessed is locked” error and an endless sync
  • On the other hand no sync at all (Windows client tries to sync a newly created text file within an encrypted folder like forever, it´s never being uploaded to the server) - seems like a really bad lock condition

So once again to summarize my experiences: completely unusable and potentially dangerous if not educated non-IT users try to make use of the nextcloud E2E.

Hoping for the best but… had to kick it for the moment to revert to a stable nextcloud server.