How to upload a folder with all contents to Nextcloud?

Hello

How to upload a folder with all contents to Nextcloud?
Only available in the list - upload file

1. Drag the folder from your file manager and drop it to the browser window

2. Create the folder in the WebUI, change to it, click on “add file” and then select all files (CTRL-A) in the file picker. This doesn’t work for sub folders though.

3. Mount your Nextcloud to your computer as a network drive (WebDAV)

4. Use the Nextcloud Desktop client

5. Use a third party WebDAV client.

1 Like

I understood, Thanks!

Hey,
i heared that nextcloud is also supporting “upload folder” button like “upload file” button in the list. But i couldnt find an app for that feature. Does anyone knows?
Some of my user asked for this feature but i cant find, is that maybe a wrong information?

1 Like

Hello,

I am on v25 and I don’t see any (via Web Interface)

Nothing such in Android app too.

Thanks.

1 Like

Drag the folder from your file manager and drop it to the browser window

I’m running Nextcloud 28.0.1, but I’m unable to upload a folder with content (I tried both Firefox and Chrome). :frowning: I think it used to work in the past, but it seems broken.

1 Like

Yep, same issue with NC 28 :confused:

Hi @danger89 @recooler, this is an issue in nextcloud 28, [stable28] fix(files): drag and drop by AndyScherzinger · Pull Request #42409 · nextcloud/server · GitHub, It is fixed in the next update ( 28.0.2)

1 Like

Same problem here. Corrected with an update to 28.0.2 !

Hi @Supras, I have upgraded to 28.0.2 too, The issue is fixed.
if you have Php-fpm enabled, you have to restart it to clear the cache
Restart your Apache / Nginx or other package that is used for Nextcloud

In my side, I didn’t need to restart the PHP part after the update. However, it doesn’t work with drag & drop on Safari (but Chrome / firefox ok).

@Supras I’m only using Chrome or Firefox.
The drag and drop is working for only one file or folder …

With Nextcloud 28.0.2 Drag-and-Drop works again.

For me it works with multiple folders and files.

Maybe you can upload a ZIP-file and use the app Extract to unzip directly in Nextcloud. But the app is offical only supported till Nextcloud 27 and not Nextcloud 28.

1 Like

I can confirm this regression bug is resolved!

Now with the latest Nextcloud version drag and drop is working again. Incl. multiple folders.

1 Like

Is there an issue to track an upload button for folders as well?

It is the first thing that I tried, when I tried Nextcloud, and I think its puzzling that an app, that focuses on data storge, does not have this.

Why? Is it impossible to implement in the browser?

1 Like