How to uncapping download and uploud?

Hi All,

i have currently a nextcloud install running on snap on my raspberry pi 4. on my own network i have 1000mb download and 60mb upload.

what i am trying to is increase my download and upload, but i am unable to raise the upload and download above 12mb.

does someone know how to uncapp it?

on my own network i have 1000mb download and 60mb upload.

what i am trying to is increase my download and upload, but i am unable to raise the upload and download above 12mb.

Are you saying your Pi is getting good network performance locally, but when you’re remote it drops to 12? Or are you saying your network itself is 1000/60 and you’re never able to get that out of your Pi even locally?

Also, do you mean Mb or MB? “mb” is ambiguous.

My network itself is 1000MB/s download and 60MB/s upload. my pi have 8GB RAM. When i try to download or upload it does not go higher then 12MB/s.

My network itself is 1000MB/s download and 60MB/s upload. my pi have 8GB RAM. When i try to download or upload it does not go higher then 12MB/s.

I suspect you mean 1000 Mb/s, but I could be wrong.

MB/s = MegaBYTES/s = MBytes/s
Mb/s = MegaBITS/s = MBits/s

• Where are you seeing the “12 MB/s” figure? I’m trying to determine whether it’s BITS or BYTES. These are very different numbers.
  • What is the underlying storage you’re using on your Pi 4? Have you benchmarked your microSD or USB drives? Those are a substantial factor in what performance you can expect.
  • How are testing? From the Nextcloud Web UI? From a client? etc
  • For another quick and dirty frame of reference, maybe consider doing an scp or something

From the internet speeds i would guess that this is a Coaxial/TV-Cable Internet connection, that is why there is such a huge discrepancy between down- and upload.

@Rizingknight

• Is the upload speed 12MB/s or 12MBit/s?
  • How do you get to that number, do you upload small or large files (>1GB)?
  • Do you access Nextcloud trough a domain, external ip or internal ip?
  • Is the Nextcloud data stored on the SD card of the Raspi or an external disk?
  • Is the connection to the Raspi WLAN, LAN, Powerline or anything else
  • Are your Router, Switches & Repeaters all 1GBit/s capable?