How to see log files using nextcloud-aio? And see version?

Nextcloud version (eg, 29.0.5): Not sure. Using nextcloud-aio. nextcloud/aio-nextcloud:latest sha256:28b2ccb2ad084465d41d51f4cd98f263349c3c3f177492642d5c2e57af3ee29f
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 29.04): NixOS 23.11
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nextcloud/aio-apache:latest
PHP version (eg, 8.3): Whatever is in nextcloud/aio-nextcloud:latest

The issue you are facing:

I was not able to log in, due to seeing this issue: Internal Server Error after Docker Compose Update - :information_source: Support / :package: Appliances (Docker, Snappy, VM, NCP, AIO) - Nextcloud community

This was how to fix it - loosely based on the issue above and from finding occ and looking at occ --help.

sudo docker exec -it nextcloud-aio-nextcloud bash
sudo -u '#33' /var/www/html/occ app:disable circles

The problem is that before I found the hint about disabling the circles app, I could not see any log entries. Like in the issue above, I saw: “More details can be found in the server log.”. But where i the server log? I have tried:

( for c in $(sudo docker ps --format '{{.Names}}' | grep nextcloud) ; do echo '*********************************' ; echo Container: $c ; sudo docker logs $c ; done ) > ~/nextcloud-logs.txt 2>&1

Which resulted in https://pastebin.com/nB7qehxe. No mention of circles or details of the "Internal server error"s

Now that I can login and the UI is working again I can see/find:

But how do I perform this when using Nextcloud AIO with/without the UI working?

1. Determine the Nextcloud version (other than :latest)?
  2. See the log entries (preferably from the command line).

docker-compose.yaml:

version: '3'

services:
  nextcloud:
    image: nextcloud/all-in-one:latest
    restart: unless-stopped
    container_name: nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer # This line is not allowed to be changed as otherwise AIO will not work correctly
    volumes:
      - nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config # This line is not allowed to be changed as otherwise the built-in backup solution will not work
      - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro
    networks:
      - nextcloud-aio
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
      - 8443:8443
    environment:
      - APACHE_PORT=11000 # Is needed when running behind a web server or reverse proxy (like Apache, Nginx, Cloudflare Tunnel and else). See https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/blob/main/reverse-proxy.md
      - NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR=/docker-volumes/nextcloud-aio
    # entrypoint: ["sleep", "10000"]
volumes:
  nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:
    external: true

networks:
  nextcloud-aio:
    name: nextcloud-aio
    driver: bridge

Hi, see https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/discussions/4745#discussioncomment-9645538

1 Like

Ok, so the log file is stored in data/nextcloud.log in the nextcloud_aio_nextcloud volume. That was non-obvious…

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.