How to restart from scratch on a Raspberry Pi3?

@nachoparker @JimmyKater @3Dscrewer As an experiment I downloaded the 2017 image of nextcloudpi, flashed to the sd card, and it appears to run fine (at least I can get to the configuration wizard, although I haven’t configured anything yet).

This is good news: is there a way to upgrade so that I am running the latest version (i.e. so that I don’t have to worry about not being able to make the 2018 image work?)?

With thanks.

1 Like

you should install the latest image. If one works the other has to work. Any image older than a month old is not guaranteed to be updated correctly, and that’s why I remove them from the downloads folder

1 Like

Thank you. This is my [quote=“nachoparker, post:42, topic:12620”]
If one works the other has to work.
[/quote]

This is my reasoning also but I have tried the 2018 image a dozen times. I will now download it anew, and try one last time!

make sure your SD card is ok. See the little test in the link I posted above

Just to say that, after several attempts to rewrite the sd card, I now have nextcloudpi running and can see it from a web browser. Many thanks for persevering with me!

Am now trying to figure out how to use the Nextcloud box 1tb drive (connected via usb) for the nextcloud data (it appears currently to be on /media/writable).

activate the App external Storage and bind the storage to nextcloud

Thank you. I have now activated App external storage and am trying to figure the rest out (it seems tricky!). Anyway, this is now probably well off topic, so I want ask any more questions about it here.

With grateful thanks again!

@aridus

@nachoparkers comment is really important… if you did the flashing for a dozens times and it worked only once it implies that there’s something wrong. either with your flashing or with your sd-card. so as long as it’s running now it might be ok. but pls think of this problem again if there may appear new problems which are strange.

anyways… glad to see that it’s running now. have fun
cheers
jimmy

ps: pls mark this thread solved :wink: