How to reset everything regarding fulltextsearch

All of my attempts to run fulltextsearch were fruitless. After days of indexing many times, I couldn’t get an operational fulltextindex (NC 15.0.4).

I just want to start installing fresh fulltextsearch. I would appreciate if you kindly help me reset everything about fulltextsearch on my NC.

Although, fulltextindex apps are not installed I still get the below results when search config as given below:

@4089bc831ad1:/config/www/nextcloud$ sudo -u abc php7 occ config:list | grep fulltext
“order”: “[”/index.php/apps/files/","/``index.php/apps/activity/","/index.php/apps/gallery/","/index.php/apps/spreed/","/index.php/apps/contacts/","/index.php/apps/calendar/","/index.php/apps/deck/","/index.php/apps/tasks/","/index.php/apps/audioplayer/","/index.php/apps/notes/","/index.php/apps/bookmarks/","/index.php/apps/announcementcenter/","/index.php/apps/fulltextsearch/"]",
“bookmarks_fulltextsearch”: {
“files_fulltextsearch”: {
“files_fulltextsearch_tesseract”: {
“fulltextsearch”: {
“fulltextsearch_elasticsearch”: {
“last_report”: “{“id”:“oc2rltxyc3e2”,“items”:[[“server”,“version”,“15.0.0.10”],[“server”,“code”,“other”],[“server”,“enable_avatars”,“yes”],[“server”,“enable_previews”,“yes”],[“server”,“memcache.local”,”\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu"],[“server”,“memcache.distributed”,“none”],[“server”,“asset-pipeline.enabled”,“no”],[“server”,“filelocking.enabled”,“yes”],[“server”,“memcache.locking”,"\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis"],[“server”,“debug”,“no”],[“server”,“cron”,“cron”],[“php”,“version”,“7.2.13”],[“php”,“memory_limit”,4294967296],[“php”,“max_execution_time”,0],[“php”,“upload_max_filesize”,17179869184],[“database”,“type”,“mysql”],[“database”,“version”,“10.3.9”],[“database”,“size”,1777991680],[“apps”,“accessibility”,“1.1.0”],[“apps”,“activity”,“2.8.2”],[“apps”,“admin_audit”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“admin_notifications”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“announcementcenter”,“3.4.0”],[“apps”,“apporder”,“0.6.0”],[“apps”,“audioplayer”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“bookmarks”,“0.15.1”],[“apps”,“bookmarks_fulltextsearch”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“bruteforcesettings”,“1.3.0”],[“apps”,“calendar”,“1.6.4”],[“apps”,“calibre_opds”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“camerarawpreviews”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“carnet”,“0.12.0”],[“apps”,“cloud_federation_api”,“0.1.0”],[“apps”,“comments”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“contacts”,“3.0.1”],[“apps”,“dashboard”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“dav”,“1.8.0”],[“apps”,“deck”,“0.5.2”],[“apps”,“drawio”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“drop_account”,“0.0.13”],[“apps”,“event_update_notification”,“0.3.1”],[“apps”,“external”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“federatedfilesharing”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“federation”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“files”,“1.10.0”],[“apps”,“files_accesscontrol”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“files_antivirus”,“2.0.0”],[“apps”,“files_automatedtagging”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“files_downloadactivity”,“1.4.0”],[“apps”,“files_external”,“1.6.0”],[“apps”,“files_fulltextsearch”,“1.2.3”],[“apps”,“files_fulltextsearch_tesseract”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“files_markdown”,“2.0.5”],[“apps”,“files_pdfviewer”,“1.4.0”],[“apps”,“files_rightclick”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“files_sharing”,“1.7.0”],[“apps”,“files_texteditor”,“2.7.0”],[“apps”,“files_trackdownloads”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“files_trashbin”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“files_versions”,“1.8.0”],[“apps”,“files_videoplayer”,“1.4.0”],[“apps”,“firstrunwizard”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“fulltextsearch”,“1.2.3”],[“apps”,“fulltextsearch_elasticsearch”,“1.2.2”],[“apps”,“gallery”,“18.2.0”],[“apps”,“impersonate”,“1.2.0”],[“apps”,“keeporsweep”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“logreader”,“2.0.0”],[“apps”,“lookup_server_connector”,“1.3.0”],[“apps”,“lsd”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“mail”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“nextcloud_announcements”,“1.4.0”],[“apps”,“notes”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“notifications”,“2.3.0”],[“apps”,“oauth2”,“1.3.0”],[“apps”,“ocr”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“ojsxc”,“3.4.3”],[“apps”,“password_policy”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“phonetrack”,“0.4.0”],[“apps”,“previewgenerator”,“2.0.0”],[“apps”,“provisioning_api”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“quicknotes”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“rainloop”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“ransomware_detection”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“ransomware_protection”,“1.3.0”],[“apps”,“richdocuments”,“3.1.0”],[“apps”,“serverinfo”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“sharebymail”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“socialsharing_diaspora”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“socialsharing_email”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“socialsharing_facebook”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“socialsharing_googleplus”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“socialsharing_twitter”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“spreed”,“5.0.0”],[“apps”,“support”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“survey_client”,“1.3.0”],[“apps”,“systemtags”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“tasks”,“0.9.8”],[“apps”,“theming”,“1.6.0”],[“apps”,“twofactor_backupcodes”,“1.4.1”],[“apps”,“twofactor_totp”,“2.1.0”],[“apps”,“updatenotification”,“1.5.0”],[“apps”,“user_external”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“user_usage_report”,“disabled”],[“apps”,“workflowengine”,“1.5.0”],[“stats”,“num_files”,1367758],[“stats”,“num_users”,10],[“stats”,“num_storages”,11],[“stats”,“num_storages_local”,1],[“stats”,“num_storages_home”,10],[“stats”,“num_storages_other”,0],[“stats”,“num_comments”,233],[“stats”,“num_comment_markers”,7],[“stats”,“num_systemtags”,0],[“stats”,“num_systemtags_mappings”,0],[“files_sharing”,“num_shares”,119],[“files_sharing”,“num_shares_user”,23],[“files_sharing”,“num_shares_groups”,20],[“files_sharing”,“num_shares_link”,33],[“files_sharing”,“num_shares_link_no_password”,33],[“files_sharing”,“num_fed_shares_sent”,0],[“files_sharing”,“num_fed_shares_received”,0],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_2_0”,“24”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_1_1”,“1”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_3_1”,“33”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_4_1”,“1”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_0_3”,“1”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_1_17”,“4”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_2_17”,“6”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_0_19”,“18”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_1_19”,“9”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_2_19”,“5”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_1_23”,“1”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_2_23”,“1”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_0_31”,“4”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_1_31”,“5”],[“files_sharing”,“permissions_2_31”,“6”],[“encryption”,“enabled”,“no”],[“encryption”,“default_module”,“no”]]}",
“bookmarks_fulltextsearch”: “0.7.2”,
“files_fulltextsearch”: “1.2.4”,
“fulltextsearch”: “1.2.4”,
“fulltextsearch_elasticsearch”: “1.2.3”,

How can I delete all the fulltextsearch remnants here? Or should I?

Also, I think I have to delete the database entries for fulltextindex. I found 2 tables fulltextsearch_indexes and fulltextserach_ticks. Should I delete them?

I would just ./occ fulltextsearch:reset and ./occ fulltextsearch:test

I did it many times. It doesn’t give any error. But, after days of indexing, still no search is possible. That’s why, I want to start fresh as much as possible.

Hello,
I had a similar issue and this worked for me: (cleanup the DB)
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/xml-files-indexing-in-fulltextsearch-elasticsearch/48458
Don’t forget to delete the index if you haven’t done already.

curl -X DELETE “user:password@elastic_ip:9200/my_index”

Cheers,
St.

Thank you very much, @sva. I did what you explained in the other thread. Now re-indexing. Inform you back about the outcome.

1 Like