How to organize my nextcloud in a group

Hello Nextcloud community.
I am trying to increase my efficiency in a group.
We have so many folders with a structure that is many levels deep and it is hard to find the things i use the most.

So I made my own folders and was at first copying folders into this personal structure. I imagined these folders were just links so that the original folders in the group would stay up to date.

Now I realize that the original folder is still empty and while I can find things easy the rest of the organization can not find my files in the larger folder structure.

Is there a way to copy links to folders instead of the actual folder so that I can have the best of both worlds: a relativity shallow personal structure that is still integrated with the deeper organizational folder structure.

I see favorites can do this but then I just have a flat, long list of unorganized folders?
Is there a way to add organization to my favorites?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Trying to streamline my mind here :wink:
Kind regards

It’s a good idea with virtual files or folders. How about tags and search?

Welcome to Nextcloud.
:partying_face:

Please consult the documentation:

Stick to the more known Un*x flavours. Naturally, you can choose Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, ArchLinux and probably NextCloudPi or other flavours besides Debian Linux. Also available are some other OS …

Happy hacking.
:sunny:

This is the home user forum and although you may ask freely and virtually anything, it may depend what you get answered for free. Any enterprise should ref. to Nextcloud GmbH as there shall be professional support available:

1. Customers and Partners (mainly) closed portal — https://portal.nextcloud.com/
  2. An Enterprise Subscription from Nextcloud is available with email and phone support.

NOTE: Please be aware I am not affiliated with Nextcloud GmbH and my views are the free views as both a volunteer and a EU citizen and appear in a private capacity solely.

Please think first, act second only and always have the protection of your data in mind.
:innocent:

Good luck and have fun.
:four_leaf_clover: