after installing the Docker AIO and setting it up through port 8443, I can not access Nextcloud as the SSL certificate seems missing or wrong.
The current setup:
- I have installed the Nextcloud docker AIO on a server running Windows 10 to which I have root access.
- The starting command for the docker image is the same as in the instructions on GitHub, except I raised the memory limit and added a data folder on the harddrive, not in the Docker volume.
- I own a domain and want to use a subdomain for my cloud, let’s say “cloud.mydomain.com”.
- I set up an A entry in the DNS setting of my domain provider to have “cloud.mydomain.com” point at my server’s IPv4
- I set up a subdomain in the settings of my domain provider, leading to my server’s IPv4
- The subdomain automatically gets an SSL certificate from Let’sEncrypt (I can choose not to get a certificate or use an own one (for an extra price)). HSTS and automatic redirection from http to https are active but can be deactivated.
- I configured “cloud.mydomain.com” to be the domain for Nextcloud in the AIO setup.
- With this settings I could access “cloud.mydomain.com:8443” to set up the AIO.
- Trying to access “server-IP:8080” leads to the AIO-setup, “cloud.mydomain.com:8080” leads to the error: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT
- When trying to access Nextcloud itself “cloud.mydomain.com” I am redirected to the IP of the server and the SSL error is displayed: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT
- Trying to access “cloud.mydomain.com:80” leads to the error: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
I tried to set up a certificate using Certbot in the Docker terminals of the AIO mastercontainer as well as the apache container, but neither seem to have Certbot installed or any application manager like apt.
I also tried to remove the subdomain so there would be only the DNS entry, which leads to an SSL error: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
and does not appear to redirect to the server at all. The certificate it shows is the basic certificate of the domain provider.
I can also set up DNS entries on my server provider.
Please help me get and set up a certificate or to configure my settings to use the existing ones.
Best regards and thanks in advance,