How to enable virtual file support on client installed on Windows 7

How to enable virtual file support on client installed on Windows 7 ?

Can it be done so that the client option to “enable virtual file support” is available ?

Please advise
Thanks

Hi @Captain86

Don’t think that’s is possible. Virtual Files relies on features that were introduced with Windows 10 version 1709… https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/cfapi/build-a-cloud-file-sync-engine

Also, Windows 7 has not been supported by Microsoft for quite some time now. This means as time goes by, fewer and fewer software manufacturers will test their products with it and as a result fewer and fewer products will run on it. And let’s not talk about all the unpatched security vulnerabilities… :wink:

2 Likes

Just curious. I know a few people and their companies still using Windows 7 some of that is due to current management software that only runs on windows 7.

Very costly upgrade for their company software and all computers requiring windows 7.

I understand the subject, but stinks for them. I was just going to lend my nextcloud use to one of them using company laptop and letting him store some files there.

But we could use “add sync location” then sync to local network drive for him.

I didn’t think of that till this morning.
Thanks