How to configure Only Office after upgrading to v18?

Hi,

I just upgraded my Nextcloud Community VM to version 18.0.2 (official Nextcloud VM made by Tech & Me) through the Web Interface.
Everything worked well, without any error.

Now, I would like to use Only Office, since it seems to be installed by default on this new version.
How can I do it?
I installed the Only Office app but didn’t manage to configure it (I don’t know which address should I use for the Document Server address ; I tried the same address used for Nextcloud but it didn’t work).
Should I do something more?

Thank you so much for your help!

I think, you need to install onlyoffice-documentserver from https://www.onlyoffice.com/de/download.aspx?from=officefornextcloud
Furthermore, you need to configure a second subdomain (office.example.com or similarly).
Then, you can enter this subdomain in the nextcloud app.

If you have further questions, you can also search this community forum or Google… there are lots of introductions…

Thank you.
I thought Nextcloud 18 had already a built-in Only Office installation.
Is there something I didn’t understand?

You are not alone who interpreted Nexcloud Hub announcement this way.
In reality it is NOT built-in. You need to install two components for this to work

• OO Community Document Server app
  • OO connector app

Thank you.
Actually, before updating my server to v18, I had installed the Nextcloud Hub VM (from this image) and Only office was indeed built-in.

That’s why I thought it would be automatically installed with the update to v18.

Anyway, I just installed Only Office Community Document Server and Only Office Connector app.
But I think I’m doing something wrong because when I type my current domain nom on the OO connector app, it doesn’t work (error when trying to connect (Bad healthcheck status)).

How can I know the address of my Document server, which is installed on my Nextcloud server ?
Maybe they both use the same ports and that’s why it doesn’t work…

Thanks in advance for your help!

I haven’t tried the Community version; running a standalone OO server.
But I believe they both require proper SSL certification to work in tandem…

I just found this page:

But finds are different in real life… It doesn’t work in my installation as they say.

I found it!
I checked the path on a fresh new installation of Nextcloud Hub.

As stated in the official page I sent previously, the Only Office app connector should be done automatically.
If not, here is the path to use:
https://<your_domaine_name>/apps/documentserver_community/

It works like a charm!

1 Like