How to add more storage to the nextcloud aio

Hi! I wanna expend my nextcloud storage by adding a new hard drive in my pc. The question is how do I add it in the nextcloud, and what should I do? Before I searched on the internet but it seems complicated and I didn’t find any instructions on how to do it on the aio. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi, see Expand Nextcloud storage · nextcloud/all-in-one · Discussion #1749 · GitHub

Hello, sorry for the late response I will try it, but on another friend nextcloud because I helped him install it on his ubuntu server system, and he haves 2 hard drives and he wanna expand the storage so the 3 drives are working together (the ssd which the system is on, and the other 2 hdd’s). I will also need it in the future :slight_smile:

Then you should look into a solution like mergerfs and use such a location as NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR.

1 Like

It looks complicated, why it needs to be like this? I mean one time every server needs to add storage… Anyway I’ve readed in the discussion that you’ve told me about, that someone just mounted the hard drives and nextcloud just recognized it :slight_smile: . If this is true, can you tell me in which location do i need to mount the drives? The nextcloud aio is running on ubuntu server.

I suppose you are looking for this: GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

I think that’s what I’m looking for I hope it works. Can you make the command for me? I’m not good at linux so yeah… Thanks a lot I really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

So I talked to my friend and he haves 2 500gb hard drives that one of them needs to be storage, and one of them backup, and he wants that the content uploaded in to the storage drive to be automatically uploaded in to the other one for backup if it makes sense. (RAID)

docker run -d
–name nextcloud
-p 8080:80
-v /path/to/data:/var/www/html/data
-e NEXTCLOUD_MOUNT=“/mnt/”
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest

I typed lsbk and ai need sda and sdb drives
Screenshot 2023-06-15 234937

Can you make a command for me so I can mount the sda to be backup for nextcloud and sdb to be the storage?

I’ve tried some things included deleting (I think is what I did) the nextcloud container and then recreating it again but with another name because the docker run command would not work. It would say that this container is used by 603… and some numbers. This is what chatgpt told me after I copy the instructions from the aio page from github and I asked chatgpt to compose the command for me because I’m bad at linux. After all of that nextcloud aio won’t turn on, I turn on the pc but nothing happens besides the ubuntu server srtarting up but the aio is not.