How to acess external files in nextcloud web

Hello

I’m a new nextcloud user. I have a local server integrated with nextcloud, on this server I have different files, such as files with the extension .kml (google earth), .docx and .excel. The question is: how do I open these files in nextcloud online and make changes, without having to download them to edit? My nextcloud version is Nextcloud Hub 8 (29.0.0)

Thank you very much in advance!

You’ll need apps that support the various file types. In the case of DOCX, for example, you could use Nextcloud Office + Collabora or CODE[1].

[1] Office — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

I found a better way. To access a file locally, the Nextcloud desktop client must be installed. After installing the client, connect with the same account that is being used on the web. Finally, add a folder to save the files locally. Therefore, when you want to open/edit an external file locally, simply find the file on nextcloud web and select the ‘Edit Locally’ option. Hope this helps more people who have the same problem.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.