How to access settings on MacOS?

On Windows I can access the settings of the desktop client by double-clicking the tray icon.

How to do the same on mac? My account name has changed, so I need to change it in settings. Syncing the old account still works on the mac but after 30 minutes of fiddling around I didn’t find a way to access settings or relaunch the settings wizard. If I launch nextcloud.app nothing happens at all.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but removing the app does not remove the settings, so the setting wizard is not launched.

I’m on MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave and Nextcloud Client 2.5.3.

Hi Moony,

macOS has a “taskbar” similar to Windows. On the right hand side, there should be an icon for Nextcloud, if the app has been started.

On mine it’s a green circle with a checkmark in it. If you click on that, you should be able to open the settings of the app.

I’m experiencing the same issue. My desktop client is set to sync with a couple of folders. I want to change the settings with regard to which folders it should sync with. When I click on the icon at the top of my Mac a drop-down window appears that shows my account, a folder and then another option that opens another drop-down menu where I can choose either Photos, Activity or Files. But I cannot find anywhere that I can open settings to choose things like which folders to sync with. I hope that makes sense.
I can’t seem to get the window open that shows all of my settings.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7

The issue resolved itself. As of today, a “Settings” menu item showed up. That solved the issue. I don’t know why it wasn’t there for many days, but it’s there now so it’s all good. Thank you.