How many only office sessions can one run in one install of NC 19.0.3

Hi,

before I advise the use of NC with OnlyOffice or Collabora I would like to know where the limits are.

I have a new install running, that I want to use foe demos.

Regards,
Jan

The answer is ā€œseveralā€, and itā€™s probably limited by your system resources. I fired up four concurrently on my system because it was easy, but I got bored and did not see the point. What are you really trying to achieve?

A more useful question is perhaps ā€˜collabora or onlyoffice?ā€™ since they both offer different benefits, and everyone will like each product slightly differently.

Personally, I prefer onlyoffice as in my world, Office365 compatibilityis more useful. Good luck!

V/R

Andrew

Hi wizlon

thanks for your answer.
Do you have a link for the comparison between collabora and onlyoffice?

I tried to install collabora years ago when it did not work as expected i stopped that.
In the mean time i run the complete server myself making things easier.
Now I want to update my NC-installs and bring them to 1 version with office and talk.

Regards,
Jan

I have not documented my comparison of the two, so all I can likely provide are links you can find from a google search along the lines of: OnlyOffice vs Collabora

So hereā€™s a link or two I found doing that:

https://kenfavors.com/code/onlyoffice-vs-collabora-a-critical-comparison/

Note I have excluded the ones published by onlyoffice and collabora, but they too can be found using a similar search.

For me, it came down to Office 365 compatibility, which is why I chose onlyoffice. Your priorties are likely different.

V/R

Andrew

Thank you very much!

I do not need office on the server myself, but my customers do and they work mostly with MSOffice.
So i will stick to OnlyOffice that is already installed.

As a linux-desktop-user i use LibreOffice myself but have to support msoffice. In NC i use simple text-files for my notes.

There are some installs that need updates, and some that must be converted from owncloud to nextcloud so i only have to support 1 plattform.

Regards,
Jan

FYI there are OnlyOffice desktop editors too that funtion on Linux (you probably know that, but itā€™s easy for me to state). Ironically, I find them less useful than the server version, but they are definitely ā€œmore compatibleā€ with O365. Good luck with your venture. :slight_smile: