How do I use sycnthing to sync all of my nextcloud images and folders between my two android tablet?

Sync and replicating all of my images and folders from my nextcloud account in nextcloud app android through syncthing.

Hi @anon17286283

You really shouldn’t do that, because If you use a seperate synchronization solution like Syncthing, which synchronizes the files directly on the file system level, Nextcloud will not be aware of any changes you will make to the files or new files you’re gonna add on one of the devices.

If you want to synchornize all or a large portion of the files and folders from your Nextcloud server to your devices and vice versa, you could use something like FoderSync Pro. FolderSync Pro is able to login to your Nextcloud server via WebDAV, so that Nextcloud and the database will be aware of any changes that might happen to the files or new files you’re gonna add.

If you only need a few folders and apps available on the tablets while you’re offline, you could also use the official Nextcloud app, and “synchronize” the files and folder in question manually to the device. Changes will then be synchronized back to your server, when your device is back online again.

How do I use the official Nextcloud app, and “synchronize” the files and folder in question manually my device and change then be synchronized back to my server, when my device is back online again?

Long press on a file or folder and then tap on the three dots menu on the top right of the app. There should be an option to download or synchronize the folder or the file. In the German language version it’s called “Synchronisieren”. The folder or the file then gets downloaded to your device and has a green checkmark attached to the icon, which indicates that file or folder is available locally on your device.

The one caveat to that approach is: you need to be updating files that already exist in the folder. If you create new files from other Android apps while offline, depending how they integrate with Nextcloud, the new files might not be automatically uploaded when you synchronize. More of an Android ecosystem than a Nextcloud problem, but there it is.

I try. Nothing working. I still see those blue sync icon.