How do I stop getting this message

Up graded from 12.1 to 12.3. I move my data folder back. I get this message: Invalid private key for encryption app. Please update your private key password in your personal settings to recover access to your encrypted files.OK I put in what I thought was my key and it say wait but nothing happen. And sill the message is there, OK so I simply can’t wait anymore and I start deleting all the file with in the fold do that I can replace them. I sill get the this message how do I turn it off with out reinstalling nextcloud.

You need to put a valid encryption key in your personal settings chap… have you lost access to your files? Are you using encryption?

Yes I think i have lost the key so what you saying is I may have to start all over again with a new install and not use the back up data file in order to get rid if the waning message. But this time if I do use the encryption
I just need to remember where I put the key… Thank you for your help.

I am having this exact issue also. in my case the installation is brand new. I enabled the encryption module and now im getting the message “Invalid private key for encryption app. Please update your private key password in your personal settings to recover access to your encrypted files.”

I don’t know what old password its looking for since the system has only ever had 1 password so far.

any clue how to resolve this? I have not yet enabled server side encryption yet.

Happy holidays JohnnyC has anyone hit you back on this issue yet? I ended up installing the latest version of NC. I changed the name of nextcloud folder on my client laptop, and just drop, and dragged my data from it, to the new nextcloud folder. The latest version of Nextcloud seem to work really well so far. Let me know what you think, I just can give up on this program, i am so hooked.

never heard a thing about this… so i just rebuilt the server.