How do I password-protect files in a Nextcloud folder that I want to share to the public?

As the title says, how do I password-protect files in a Nextcloud folder that I want to share to the public? I’m using the free web-based Nextcloud service and the purpose of this is to have the link accessible to anyone I give the link to, allowing them to view the filenames, but not actually open the files unless they have a password I specify. If Nextcloud cannot do this, what service do you recommend that can? Thanks.

What interface from? Desktop client or webpage?

As I’ve said in the original post, “I’m using the free web-based Nextcloud service…”

No idea what this means, sorry.

I think it’s not possible. You will have to zip/rar/7z it with a password or something.

Hi, did you find a solution ? I’m looking for a solution to share access to a folder to some people, but in this folder there can be one or two files which should be protected with a password so that only the few ones who know the password can open it. Thanks

You can protect a complete “link share” with a password, not single files. You need to encrypt + passwort protect the files before sharing.