How do I change existing user's user name

Hello, I’m not sure if this is the proper place to post this question but here goes. I have a user on my Nextcloud setup whose name has changed due to marriage. She wants her user name changed accordingly. I haven’t been able to find anything on the google that would help me accomplish this. I could create a new user but then i would have to work with her to re-do all her shares and set up her calendars and laptop clients and tablet clients, etc, etc, etc. Is the solution really as easy as changing her uid in the database or would that break everything? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this question has been answered already please share the location of the answer. Thanks.

You can only change the display name atm. Changing the login name is not possible.

The only solution – until this feature is implemented – is to create a new user and transfer all files and shares from the old user to the new user via command-line.

This does not affect calendars and contacts.

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.