How can I create the birthdays calendar again?

I accidentally erased the birthday calendar. Is it possible to re-create a new one using my contacts birthdays? Thanks in advance.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/10/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#dav-commands

How can this be done without shell access?

2 Likes

I have the same problem (i deleted the birthday calendar because all birthdays appeared twice). I have no su permissions on shell. Any ideas how to re-create it without shell???

AFAIK the birthday calendar should be recreated when adding new contacts or editing existing contacts with a birthday.

Make sure you have the background job set up properly

Yes, adding new contacts or editing existing contacts recreates the birthday calendar, thank you.

However, the birthday calendar now only shows the birthday of the added / edited contact. All other birthdays are missing. Is there a solution to show them all without editing every single contact?

At least to my knowledge, there is no way without command line access, but we are aware of that issue and are looking forward to implement a proper way of bringing the birthday calendar back after deleting it:

Well this issue has been closed last December. And birthday calendar is not created automatically anymore after changing and/or creating birthdays of contacts. But how can I create it now? Nothing is to be seen in the calendar app in this respect. I’m on NC 13.0.0.14 now.

Same problem here. Please help.

Same Problem here im on 13.0.1

I have got the same problem. Many birthday of contacts appear twice or more. so I deleted the birthday calendar, created a new contact with birthday date, but no contacts birthday calendar appeared. So I tried it at the command line with:
sudo -s
cd /var/www/nextcloud
sudo -u www-data php occ dav:sync-birthday-calendar

at my nextcloudpi. The command was successful. I got the answer:
Start birthday calendar sync for all users …
3 [============================]
But a new birthday calendar for the affected user was not created.
Does anyone have a new solution ?
I am using NetcloudPi in version v0.57.13

I found a solution for my issue !!!
You have to specify the user !
sudo -u www-data php occ dav:sync-birthday-calendar peter

then you will get the answer:
Re-enabling birthday calendar for peter
Start birthday calendar sync for peter

and you will find an new “contacs birthday calendar” with only one entry per birthday !

4 Likes

Yes, same success here.

I am sure I tried this a while ago without success but now (nextcloud 13.0.5) it worked:

sudo -u www-data php occ dav:sync-birthday-calendar USERNAME

:slight_smile:

I am having this problem as well. It is great that command line options work, but if we are supposed to tell average people to use this product we can’t give them all shell access to fix this problem when it happens nor do I want to manually have to do it every time.

It seems like the birthday calendar should be rewritten to make sure events correlate with a contact and make sure there are not multiple.

If you don’t have sudo installed and www-data is restricted here’s the command :

su - www-data -s /bin/bash -c 'php /PATH/TO/occ dav:sync-birthday-calendar USER'

for me it was :

su - www-data -s /bin/bash -c 'php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ dav:sync-birthday-calendar elkebabi'