How a User can disappear? (User is disabled)

Server configuration detail

Operating system: Linux 5.4.0-74-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Sat May 8 02:35:39 UTC 2021 x86_64

Webserver: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) (apache2handler)

Database: mysql 10.3.29

PHP version: 7.4.3

Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, sodium, apache2handler, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, apcu, bcmath, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, FFI, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, iconv, imagick, intl, json, exif, mysqli, pdo_mysql, Phar, posix, readline, shmop, SimpleXML, sockets, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 20.0.10 - 20.0.10.1

The issue:
A user account disappeared. Under /settings/users a USER does not exit anymore.
Its a not so skilled user which had problems with login, wrong username etc.? And the user had a problem to make a password reset.
I tested the password reset function with my test user and everything from sending the mail and also reset worked very well!
The last log says: User is disabled (see below)

Right a user can not delete its account?

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

{"reqId":"***","level":2,"time":"2021-07-21T18:00:00+00:00","remoteAddr":"***","user":"--","app":"core","method":"POST","url":"/index.php/lostpassword/email","message":"Could not send password reset email: User is disabled","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13904.66.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36","version":"20.0.10.1","id":"***"}

Hi @pua, the user account has been disabled :

currently, it is caused by too many failed logins with a wrong password.

to enable this user again, go to users menu and then to disabled user.

Thank you! Strange that I could not find via search this solution! I was looking with “lost user” and “User is disabled” etc also via search engine…

1 Like