PHP version 8.0.13

The issue you are facing:
Nextbox/cloud homepage opens very slow

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):N

Steps to replicate it:
Not in order

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

That's Chinese to me

Please excuse my for being a ‘normie’, but I bought my Nextbox under the assurance that no technical knowledge is needed.
I managed to get it up and running, but open the homepage and other directories goes very slow.

Is there some way to speed things up?

I have no knowledge of the commandline what so ever.

Please don’t bully me. Thank you.

Ruben.

Well, hello, this is almost true but… a minimum is needed.

Slow opening might be due to the cache used by your nextcloud server.
You need to have a cache like OPcache or REDIS to speed things up…

Under …/www/html/config or …/www/nextcloud/config you have the conf file for your nextcloud.

This is were you declare the cache option ( Memory caching — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation )

Time to cave-in and start learning fine tune …

OR, if you are hosted, ask your provider why it is slow ( cache, small procs, small resources like for a virtuel serveur … )

1 Like

RubenWA, don’t worry about being new to this sort of project. We all start at the beginning.
stratege1401 made a good suggestion about asking for help. That is, of course, what you did by posting here.

If you host nextcloud on your own system, you may do well to dig in and learn. You may do as well by having an experienced person look at your system. Sometimes a small fee can produce great benefit.

If you use a hosting service, that company may have someone who understands apps like this, and has time to help.

All that said, there are a number of reasons why nextcloud, or any web app, runs slow. The game is make a list of the possibilities, then research each to adjust or check off the list. Here are some ideas to help you get started.

• is the hardware up to the task? That is, does it have enough RAM, disk space and/or processor power.
  • is the PHP installation current and configured appropriately?
  • does nextcloud admin page list any issues or faults? If so, research each.

I hope this helps.

1 Like