Hide User List for users - but not for admin

Hi, i hava some users in a Group “mandant”
i have removed the users-button in the upper right corner from NC.
i have set this group to not share any files.

when the user goes to settings/user/sharing
he can still see all the users that are exist on the system

How can i disable this Point ?
i dont wont do disable the auto fillout function.
Any idea ?
NC 18.0.1

What does it mean ???

I delete the post. The only possible solution will be to uncheck the auto filled username.

There are a lot of request to Change this, but at this moment it is not possible.

What you can do, is to put every person in his own group with you as admin. Then check the box to only share in the own groups.

is it possible to hide this menupoint “sharing” in user settings ?

/settings/user/sharing
This is only for move users Data to another User.
we dont need this…

You can do quite a lot of hiding of unwanted bits of user interface that are giving users the ability to do things you don’t want them to (like seeing emails, etc) by using css overrides to set display:none; for the elements you don’t want to be shown.

You’ll need the css app and then use browser tools to identify the class/id of the element you want hidden.

Of course this will hide it for admins as well.

Plus any tech savy user who knows that the element should be there can use browser tools to go and disable your display:none; and get the data back again. (And assuming that your admins are tech savvy this also enables them to still access the hidden elements)

Not a perfect solution but works well for a lot of cases.

This sounds good.
i will try…

I tryed some like

#contactsmenu .menutoggle {
display: none !important;
}
#files-sharing-personal-settings .menutoggle {
}
#transfermenu .menutoggle {
}

but all of them not my solution

Have anyone an idea ?
I want to remove the hole menuitem on the left side in red circle

Try

#app-navigation.without-app-settings  ul li:nth-of-type(7) {
    display: none; 
} 

This will remove the circled item above completely so it can’t be selected.

Naturally this relies on the item you want to hide being the 7th in the list - if some change or app inserts extra items then you’d have to change the “7”

I haven’t completely checked that this doesn’t have unintended consequences elsewhere where there may be a div with the same id and class.

1 Like

Thank you.
This works pretty and your Explanation helps me so much…
:+1:

Thank you for the example css code. But what file do you need to update with this snippet?

1 Like

login as admin
go to settings
select Theming in the left pane menu
scroll down in the main pane and below Advanced Option you will find “Custom CSS”

There is an edit box where you can add any css you want - beware you might break things; if you want to change something with css be sure to inspect the source carefully to target only the element you want to change. Also be aware if you use CSS to hide elements from users it will still be there in the source in the browser and a canny user can unhide what you’ve hidden - not a secure solution, but good enough for simple improvements to the user interface.

I just installed NC 21.0.2 and this is a serious confidentiality issue. The option to “transfer ownership” allows you to see all the users of the system.

I’m going to tell you what I have done to solve it, since modifying the CSS is not a good option because when the CSS is changed, the problem will appear again. Besides that it is still accessible “transfer ownership” if you put the URL directly (/index.php/settings/user/sharing)

My solution: create rule on web server to redirect url: /index.php/settings/user/sharing to → / apps/files/ (or any other URL). In this way, when a user tries to enter the “transfer ownership” area (sharing), they are redirected to the files directory.
This solution is permanent over time and does not depend on CSS, although it does depend on not changing the access URL to “transfer ownership”.

1 Like

Hmmm…
can we link to a warning document to advise to confidentiality or specific ownership transfer requirements?
ty