Help with Docker Compose Memories Installation

Hi,

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 5 that I want to use to organize my photos using NC with the Memories Addon. I managed to install NC with the help of a Youtube tutorial that described the installation with docker-compose. I proceded with the configuration of Memories as described in the documentation. After indexing my photos and creating a cron job for the preview images, Memories was still quite slow. After some googling I found out that I should have installed imagick and Redis, which unfortunately was not part of the docker-compose yml that I used for the initial setup.
I’m an absolute beginner, when it comes to docker-compose but I assume, it would be possible to add the Imagick and Redis setup to the YML. Is it possible to update the YML and if yes, could someone provide the code? This is the template for my current YML:

version: ‘2’

services:
mariadb:
image: mariadb
restart: always
command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW --innodb-file-per-table=1 --skip-innodb-read-only-compressed
ports:
- 9022:3306
volumes:
- /root/nextcloud/mariadb:/var/lib/mysql
environment:
- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=MeinSicheresPasswort
- MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
- MYSQL_USER=root

nextcloud:
image: nextcloud
restart: always
ports:
- 8080:80
links:
- mariadb:mysql
volumes:
- /root/nextcloud/nextcloud:/var/www/html
- /root/nextcloud/apps:/var/www/html/custom_apps
- /root/nextcloud/config:/var/www/html/config
- /mnt/ssd/ncdata:/var/www/html/data
environment:
- MYSQL_PASSWORD=MeinSicheresPasswort
- MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
- MYSQL_USER=root
- MYSQL_HOST=mariadb

Thank you for your support!

I think it’s better you link the tutorial you used - for a popular project like Nextcloud hundreds exist…
I can’t say how good is a Raspi but with i7 on older desktop PC memories is reasonable fast… but it took long time (multiple days) to perform initial load

I would recommend to use imaginary from AiO project. here is an extract from my compose file (you still need to configure it using occ or config.php… in your app container)

dev-nextcloud-imaginary:
    image: nextcloud/aio-imaginary:latest
    container_name: dev-nextcloud-imaginary
    expose:
      - "9000"
    #environment:
    #  - TZ=${TIMEZONE} # e.g. Europe/Berlin
    restart: unless-stopped
    cap_add:
      - SYS_NICE
    tmpfs:
      - /tmp

Thank you for your response! I used the following tutorial (it’s in German though):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T20YEf7ACsA. The commands used in the setup can be found here: Nextcloud auf Raspberry Pi 5 installieren - Einfach mit Docker Container - apfelcast

With the AIO installation, do I still need to setup Redis?

All-In-One is completely different from “regular” Docker container and you should follow the Nextcloud AiO docs

Tried the same tutorial with no success. Even got into patreon in order to fix the open issues - with no success. Definitely redis is missing and many other things don’t fit. When you watch the video carefully, you will note lots of ubuntu-commands. Best way is to start all-over with nextcloud aio for raspberry.