Help testing the 2.3.0 desktop client beta

Please, could someone write the differences between 2.2.4 and 2.3.0 - mainly the new features?

I am not able to read the code to find them out.

Maybe the milestones page can help.

I could also compile the latest version of the client inside the Nextcloud theme. I mean, I replaced the ‘client’ directory from ‘client_theming’ by the latest version from ownCloud client branch. I got a few warnings from CMake, but it compiled the main client finally. A screenshot is below:

Howdy K, sorry for the late reply. My notifications are not working yet.
see

above picture.

I can’t get around this error on a MAC. Only my MAC users have this issue…
They can’t use WEBDAV either its shows no files at all :frowning:

In addition for MAC users the preview of like JPG files in safari/firefox is not working either.

Would you have a suggestion?

cheers, Jeroen

Hopefully the next Mac client will fix this known issue. I guess the current Nextcloud Mac client was compiled against an older OpenSSL library, or something like that.

Thnx Ryan, does that means that the current owncloud client might not have this problem?

1 Like

@hodyroff Will you plan an msi package? :slight_smile:

Yes. You are welcome to add your thoughts and potential herlp here: https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/860
This time around there is quite some effort going into QT updgrades for Linux however …

ahhh I see “ask for confirmation before syncing external drives” checkbox! This is great! It was always annoying when my clients started to download couple of Terabytes from external NAS device :wink:

looking forward!

Correct, that is the irony: the current ownCloud Mac client works just fine.

Any word on the Mac beta?

Is this a coincidence or our are friends at Redmond watching!? i downloaded the beta windows nextcloud client, installed it then connected to my instance. No sooner had it started syncing when bingo up pops a popup asking me to sign into one cloud. i think someones a little bit jealous!!!

New ownCloud Desktop Client 2.3.0 release out now. https://owncloud.org/blog/new-desktop-client-2-3-0-release-out-now/

I assume we’ll need to use this until the NC 2.3.0 Mac client becomes available.

3 Likes

Would this RC1 maybe be fixing my issues as I earlier reported?
I still see with existing nextcloud and the 2.3.0 owncloud clients:
Debug webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: HTTP/1.1 401 No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured
or:
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: HTTP/1.1 503 Encryption not ready: multikeydecrypt with
share key failed:error:0407109F:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:pkcs decoding error

Would this RC1 client resolve that? https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/prereleases/Mac/Nextcloud-2.3.0.4rc1.pkg

This seems to happen only with bigger files. I am on 2.3.0rc1. Went back to stable, issue was gone, reinstalled rc, issue returned.

Debug	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\PreconditionFailed: HTTP/1.1 412 An If-Match header was specified and the resource did not exist

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 474: Sabre\DAV\Server->checkPreconditions(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 227: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 30: OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 165: require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
{main}

Thats the client log:

#=#=#=# Syncrun started 2017-03-16T21:29:43
#=#=#=#=# Propagation starts 2017-03-16T21:29:56 (last step: 13913 msec, total: 13913 msec)
||android/1flash/OOS 4.1.0 Full    Rom.zip|INST_SYNC|Up|1489696027|060ad0366470068dd8536fbc209b001f|1461173710|00139233ocgvn5x4de5e|1|Verbi   ndung beendet|0|0|1489695690|060ad0366470068dd8536fbc209b001f|00139233ocgvn5x4de5e|INST_NONE|
#=#=#=# Syncrun finished 2017-03-16T21:30:04 (last step: 7094 msec, total: 21008 msec)

Oh, and also the actually important issue about it: Sync stops. It says service unavailable.

The desktop clients v2.3.0 have been in RC for more than a month now. Any chance there will be a release? Upstream an version 2.3.1 is already out.
It doesn’t make sense to me to ask users to test an RC if it is not going to be released.

2 Likes

Hello,

I just experienced the same error:
server replied: precondition failed “an if-match header was specified and the resource did not exist”

using owncloud 2.3.1 (on ubuntu 16.04):
Built from Git revision 433ba0 on Mar 21 2017, 12:51:04 using Qt 5.5.1, OpenSSL 1.0.2g 1 Mar 2016

Server is 11.0.2. there are no error messages on the server.

The file is 1.5GB big.

Passing to version 2.3.3: