Help testing 12.0.8 RC 1 & 13.0.3 RC 1

Hi everyone,

we just packaged the RC versions of the upcoming maintenance releases.

You can find them at

They will also soon show up in the beta channel of the updater.

The changelog for those releases looks like this:

13.0.3 RC 1

12.0.8 RC 1

Happy testing - if everything goes well, then the release will happen mid next week. :rocket:

1 Like

When will string freeze for i18n be?
@MorrisJobke

Hi,

Update went very smooth, no issues there.
I discovered some CSS issues however:

In Contacts app the menu which opens when clicking the “…” (three dots) is overlapping these dots, instead of opening underneath:
grafik

In the app bar it is more serious, because I can’t select certain apps:

grafik

Server configuration

Server configuration detail **Operating system:** Linux 4.4.0-127-generic #153-Ubuntu SMP Sat May 19 10:58:46 UTC 2018 x86_64

Webserver: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) (apache2handler)

Database: mysql 5.7.22

PHP version: 7.0.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, apache2handler, redis, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, iconv, imap, intl, json, ldap, exif, mcrypt, mysqli, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, Phar, posix, readline, shmop, SimpleXML, smbclient, sockets, sqlite3, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, libsmbclient, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 13.0.3 RC 1 - 13.0.3.0

Please report issues directly to the bugtracker. There seems to be a similar report already: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/9715

1 Like

Update went fine.
Enabled nearly all apps and nothing bad happened ˋtil now.

@rakekniven When you go to the settings menu as admin, do you see the “Logging” there? Just asking if it is only me missing the log section or if it’s a general issue.

Just checked my v13.03RC1 instance and it is there.
Have you enabled app “Log Reader”?

Thanks for checking. This was exactly what I just did and wanted to update my post :slight_smile:
It was activated, but I deactivated and reactivated it again. Also I activated Theming app (looks like it was disabled during update and not reactivated again afterwards. While I believe it was rather the step of re-enabling the Logreader app I’m not 100% sure which of both steps did the trick. However the entry “Logging” is back.

We don’t have a real string fix. We extract the strings from all the stable* branches and master and put this into transifex. Then all the translations get back ported to all those branches. But usually we also don’t change strings that late.

Thanks - we fixed it and will build an RC 2 soon.

1 Like

It looks like you run still on PHP 5.6. On PHP 7.0+ we don’t disable apps without good reasons (a good reason is that it causes the server to be unstable or the app says that it doesn’t run on the specific server version or is missing PHP modules, etc).

For future releases it would be nice to have a date for string freeze and so the translation community could spend some time to polish translations (review, complete).

2 Likes

We released an RC2 for the design glitch that was reported here. Changelog to RC1:

Will be live on the updater server soon and is also available on the download server.

Happy testing.

Thanks for the next RC :slight_smile:

The following happens with the app “nextant” enabled. Is this an issue that would need to be fixed in nextant or is that also something which needs to be looked at in core (regarding CSS)?

Too bad Only select files filtered by search ¡ Issue #2075 ¡ nextcloud/server ¡ GitHub is still an issue (just saw that the Milestone was set from NC13 to NC14).
grafik
Fun fact: this is actually “fixed” when nextant is enabled. But then the above issue occurs.
Just mentioning.

Apart from that I found no other (obvious) issues.

Update to RC2 without problems, only the integrity check fails.

Technical information

The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results

• news
    • FILE_MISSING
      • vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/maintenance/.htaccess

Raw output

Array
(
    [news] => Array
        (
            [FILE_MISSING] => Array
                (
                    [vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/maintenance/.htaccess] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 4d51270ac56b1600199cd52c4f0fc34171bb306db59761863c87978049b771a053ebb80c8dda03b4d98bf5e43361ec0e1e1d2ad4b01fc315fb809b40acd23843
                            [current] => 
                        )

)

)

)

The nextant issue needs to be filed in the nextant repo and is not related to the server itself.

This is a problem with the news app that we are working on but it is unrelated to the RC: Integrity issue with news 12.0.3 ¡ Issue #297 ¡ nextcloud/news ¡ GitHub

1 Like

i am always getting error while updating

1. 1st error when doing backup -
    i have to wait for backup to finish by checking the modified time of back up, i have to change maintanance from true to false and save the file and than i have to refresh page and than i have to retry my update
  2. error while downloading,
    i have to do same thing as suggested in (1)
  3. error while extracting
    I have to do same thing as suggested in (1)
    I think this error might be due to some time limit for every step.
    Is there anyway to get it update proper without goung through all this step.
    Please guide

We are working on making the updater more smooth. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like