Help test the Nextcloud 12 beta and spread the word about our announcement

If you like what’s coming in Nextcloud 12, you can help test the beta and spread the word about our announcement!

Cheers to everyone of you who helps make Nextcloud awesome! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great and thanks, I was waiting for this! :slight_smile:

Will it also be available through the updater app soon (beta channel or something)?

€: Sorry, found it:

We will start a staged roll-out of the beta to community testers who are on the beta channel, starting with just a few percent today going up to 30% by the end of the week.

1 Like

Hi,

when I click on a text-file it opens in Collabora - is this the normal behavior in v12 ?

Where is my text editor? :grin:

Cheers,
Andreas

1 Like

Good find, that is not intended! Can I ask you to report this on our issue tracker at Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub ? Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done my bit :sunglasses:
And spun up a 12 beta server too: http://j.son.bz/nextcloud12

1 Like

it works, onlyoffice works too after you edit the info.xml file, but where is the sharepoint connector which is promised here?

Installable via the apps management when you look for »sharepoint«. :slight_smile: Here’s the site of it in our app store: SharePoint Backend - Apps - App Store - Nextcloud

ah thanks, I am blind, with the search function i found it, thanks :slight_smile:

Someone problems with the News-App?

After every update of the feeds I have 999+ Unread entries … :confused:

I use the News-Updater Script for updating the feeds.

no I didn’t try that yet but i have endlessly running circles in the app installer screen, independent of the category.

Can you replicate on the demo server linked above?

@jan I don’t see the radio buttons for sharing/editing/upload only?
Are they going to make it to final release? :frowning:

does the sharepoint work with office365/sharepoint.com too, or only with local sharepoint servers?
additional to that, if it doesn’t work (going red), its going insane, adding mutiple entries in the users-external list and the files app stops working. (Dieses Verzeichnis ist nicht verfügbar, bitte die Logdateien überprüfen oder den Administrator kontaktieren.)
A scan brings that error:

Starting scan for user 1 out of 1 (master)
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on null in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/sharepoint/lib/Storage/Storage.php:204
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Common.php(179): OCA\SharePoint\Storage\Storage->stat('')
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Common.php(665): OC\Files\Storage\Common->filemtime('')
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(113): OC\Files\Storage\Common->getMetaData('')
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(152): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->getData('')
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(319): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scanFile('', 3, -1, NULL, true)
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Utils/Scanner.php(242): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scan('', true, 3)
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Command/Scan.php(161): OC\Files\Utils\Scanner->scan('/master/files')
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Command/Scan.php(234): OCA\Files\Command\Scan->scanFiles('master', '/master/files', false, Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput), false)
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(256): OCA\Files\Command\Scan->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Base.php(161): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(818): OC\Core\Command\Base->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(186): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OCA\Files\Command\Scan), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(117): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(170): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(92): OC\Console\Application->run()
#15 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')

Do only I have the<div class="app-image icon-loading"> </div> issue instead of the app icons?

Additionally in Firefox if I try the video calls app, enable the mic, then want to switch to files or circles the url bar changes but it wont switch by itself, I have to reload it manually.