Help test the Android 3.0RC3 client

Yes - in versions up to 12 you need to type in your username and a wrong password - only then the ā€œForgot password?ā€ link will appear. In 13+ it will be there right below the input all the time.

And obviously you need to have set an email address for this account. Otherwise there is also the occ command: occ user:resetpassword

1 Like

Thank you for the link!! While I understand the reasoning behind private key not being able to be changed as described in the whitepaper, I donā€™t see why no to provide an (expert) option for letting the user define the 12 word long passphrase at the very beginning (a phrase only the user is able to memorize). The default option should still be the phrase from BIP-0039 word list, but why not let the (expert) user decide whether to define a unique phrase himself/herself.

[x] done. -> https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/2015

1 Like

[x] further analysis done nd test account sent.

Thanks, but I meant the passphrase for E2EE. :blush: I can unset an E2EE encrypted folder als unencrypted, but when I want to encrypt it again Iā€™m not shown the passphrase again.

As I said, this is designed on the base of the assumption that the admin knows what he/she is doing and the user does not. Youā€™re of course free to make changes to the app if you work under different assumptions (eg if every one of your users is a security expert), but we wonā€™t break those assumptions in our official app as they are core requirements for our user base and customers.

We released RC2 right now with lots of bug fixes to avoid app crashes.
Please give it a try.

I donā€™t know if it is a bug but I always noticed that when I hover over the ā€œiā€ next to ā€œYour version is up to date.ā€ it says ā€œChecked on December 31, 1969 at 7:00:00 PMā€

My server date and time are correct.

2018-01-24_10-04-38
2018-01-24_10-06-24

Same issue here:

This is about Android.
Please open up an issue at https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/new

We released RC3 on play store for beta user and it will also be soon on fdroid.

Android 7.1.1 - NC12.0.5 - Samsung Note8

Auto-upload is functioning now again.

But status of the next in line to be uploaded, when temporary disconnected from the charger, indicates ā€œwaiting for wifiā€ when it is actually waiting for charging.

Also, the app seems to buffer the upload. When taken of the charger, it continues to still upload a couple of photoā€™s.

From the main menu Favorites and Photos are still not working. Maybe I should be more patient, but Iā€™ve waited very long looking at ā€œLoading,ā€¦"

This will still ā€œfailā€ for 3.0.0 but should get better as soon as we finish implementing the new view while it still wonā€™t be fast due to the server API not offering block-wise reading but loads all hits at onceā€¦

This sounds like a bug/issue. Can you report this to Issues Ā· nextcloud/android Ā· GitHub please :slight_smile:

Android 3.0 stable is now released:

1 Like

Testing it for a week or so ā€¦

My smartphone is a ONE+5 (A5000_23_180129) Oreo 8.0.0 4.4.78-perf+ OxygeneOS 5.0.2

So far, it work perfectly.

Work also an a ASUS zenpad 10 S ( z500M ) on android 7.1.0 3.18.35

1 Like