Help test our desktop client!

I just did a fresh isntallation of the Nextcloud 3.3 Client o a VM, but VFS is not available:
It shows:
Plugin für virtuelle Dateien: suffix

On an existing 3.2 installation the upgrade to 3.3 shows the following:
Plugin für virtuelle Dateien: wincfapi

Is there any need to install anything else?

It is a shame we haven’t heard anything more on this lately. Have just setup a Windows user and she is very happy now she has this, instead of a full disk drive of video files she only needs to work on a few of!

Us macOS users would love it too!

Hello! Installed for MacOSX and 1st - the fonts is corrupted (works normal on stable release) AND virtual files does not work as I want - when I double click on VF.nextcloud it just opens a NextCloud app. I can use context menu to download file BUT

The Google Drive app works flawlessly, like in Windows. Why Nextcloud can’t use same technique? No extensions and perfect automatic downloading. Look at screenshots!
Снимок экрана 2021-10-28 в 09.07.52|690x153

Снимок экрана 2021-10-28 в 09.05.48|422x499

It does work on macOS. Add showExperimentalOptions=true to the the [General] section of the nextcloud.cfg file in /Users/youruser/Library/Preferences/Nextcloud/. My girlfriend uses it on a MacBokk Air mid 2013 without any issues.

Cannot confirm that. On my girlfriends MacBook Air (mid 2013, macOS 11.6.1, Nextcloud Desktop-Client 3.3.5) it first downloads the file and then opens it with the corresponding app.

Thank you for reply! Tested little bit deeper - with documents it really opens normal document. With mp4 and m4a files it opens Nextcloud app and nothing more happens.

But google drive’s implementation looks more reliably and informative

and Linux users would love NC even more with virtual files and folders. any news @jospoortvliet ?

No need to ping when you can look for yourself on Github. Keep in mind you can always mount your directory via webdav to access it “virtually”.

Desktop repo virtual files issues and Server repo

yes, need to ping. your provided links dont a) provide any infos about the roadmap of this feature and b) aren’t really user friendly to find any informations, are they?

and yeah sure “just mount with webdav” is exactly what OP and me are looking for, because regular users are like “oh nextcloud is very easy, just implement a webDav folder in my computer, which I do like on every day basis”

2 posts were split to a new topic: Remove .nextcloud extension on Mac client