[Help Test] Matterbridge app for Nextcloud Talk

Continuing the discussion from Discord chat instead of IRC?:

Learn more on the project github located here. It is brand new and under development. Iโ€™m not the dev.

This app brings the Matterbridge binary from 42wim to your server to connect Nextcloud Talk with other chat services. It allows easy installation and updates of the binary in the known ways.

Bridge between mattermost, IRC, gitter, xmpp, slack, discord, telegram, rocketchat, steam, twitch, ssh-chat, zulip, whatsapp, keybase, matrix, microsoft teams, nextcloud and more with REST API (mattermost not required!) Details at GitHub - 42wim/matterbridge: bridge between mattermost, IRC, gitter, xmpp, slack, discord, telegram, rocketchat, twitch, ssh-chat, zulip, whatsapp, keybase, matrix, microsoft teams, nextcloud, mumble, vk and more with REST API (mattermost not required!)

Iโ€™m totally confused by the Matterbridge app.

If I install the Matterbridge app from the app market, ii should see the settings for the bridge integration in the Talk settings (settings>talk). Is that correct?

That might not be coded on the Nextcloud Talk end yet. I do see it mentioned on the matterbridge project site though. Best to file a report on their linked github above. https://github.com/nextcloud/talk_matterbridge

Yeah, I already filed a bug report despite not fully understanding how itโ€™s supposed to work.

Would you mind linking your issue from github here?

1 Like

Any ideas on how this works after setup? I installed it manually as detailed here. Unsure of what to do now.

edit: Answered my own question. We must create a bot user for Talk.

:warning: <strong>Create a dedicated user (a new account specifically for the bot) first.
It will not relay messages from yourself if you use your account</strong>

[nctalk.cloud] # The location of your Nextcloud instance with Talk installed Server="https://example.com" Login="YourBotUsernameHere" Password="YourBotPasswordHere" RemoteNickFormat="[{PROTOCOL}] <{NICK}> "

Just wait for Talk 10 where we integrate the binary delivery app in a useful way:

3 Likes

Hi, what is the redirect URI you need for the MS-Teams Integration?
The Nextcloud-Server URL oder the URL of the TALK Chanel