HEIF/HEIC support on Nextcloud docker

Hey,

I’m running NC 24 on Univention appliance.
I was following this tutorial, how to recompile the imagemagick for HEIF/HEIC support: 5 minutes to Install Imagemagick with HEIC support on Ubuntu 20.04 (and 18.04) DigitalOcean | Medium

I managed to install imagemagick.

php -r 'phpinfo();' | grep HEIC
ImageMagick supported formats => 3FR, 3G2, 3GP, A, AAI, AI, ART, ARW, AVI, AVS, B, BGR, BGRA, BGRO, BIE, BMP, BMP2, BMP3, BRF, C, CAL, CALS, CANVAS, CAPTION, CIN, CIP, CLIP, CMYK, CMYKA, CR2, CRW, CUBE, CUR, CUT, DATA, DCM, DCR, DCRAW, DCX, DDS, DFONT, DJVU, DNG, DPX, DXT1, DXT5, EPDF, EPI, EPS, EPS2, EPS3, EPSF, EPSI, EPT, EPT2, EPT3, ERF, EXR, FAX, FILE, FITS, FLV, FRACTAL, FTP, FTS, G, G3, G4, GIF, GIF87, GRADIENT, GRAY, GRAYA, GROUP4, HALD, HDR, HEIC,...

So HEIC support is there. But for some reason I stll can not see the heif/heic files in my browser, nor see any thumbnails.

I tried to add the preview support lines into the config.php, but nothing, even after a full system restart.

I’m out of ideas. What did I miss. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Does your browser support displaying it?

Latest Firefox and Edge. I thought so. :wink:

Whao I was that waaay off. So as of right now, there is no way, to use Nextcloud’s webgui with heif images, because there is no browser to support it? :open_mouth:
Well that’s said.