Have to login for 2-3 times until it works

Hi devs,

I get reports from one of my friends that they have to login with username and password for 3 times until it really loads the home screen.
It always cleared from cookies and auto-login but I am still a bit confused why this is.
Does anybody has an explanation?
I can provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

It seems nobody has had this issue?

It really seems nobody had this issue. Is this correct?

Hi Devs,

this is still an issue.

Did nobody encounter that? I do have an access log in apache but after it logging just stops

Thank you.

I’d try a different browser and perhaps the privacy mode as well. One likely feature causing this issues can be browser plugins like antivirus, add-blocker, …
If not, check the webmaster tools and the browser error console.

Hi Devs,

I just want to inform you unfortunatly I still have this issue with Nextcloud 15.0.2.

Did not find a solution. Log Files in Apache just stop making entries. No error codes whats or ever.
I think there is a timeout problem but I encountered it on other Devices (Android 8, IPhone, Android 4 too)

Thank you.

Hello, after upgrading from 14.0.6 to 15.0.2 somtimes I run into the same error.
My configuration:
Ubuntu 16.04.5 4.4.0-141-generic
PHP Version: 7.0.32
mysql Version: 5.7.24
Firefox 64.0 (64-Bit)

@peteman52 Thanks! I thought I was the only one but now I know that there is an issue.

Probably the devs should look into it some time.

It seems to help if you add
‘defaultapp’ => ‘files’,
to the config.php.
Or whatever your default app is, have a look at config.php.sample

Hi @peteman52 ,

Thanks for the hint. I tried it out and so far there were no complaints anymore - so thanks for the advice!

I had this problem, seemingly until some minutes ago. Adding ‘defaultapp’ => ‘files’, to config/config…php did not resolve the problem, but I changed two things: I downgraded the php version I use with my provider from 7.4 to 7.3 (I think that was not necessary, but I still have to check that) and I added ‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’, to the config/config.php file. I haven’t encountered the problematic behavior since.