Groupfolders show with id instead of name in webdav/dvfs

When using webdav/davfs with nextclodu 27.0.2 in Debian 12 with nemo the folders are shortly shown with their name and then switch to their folder ids (see video NCwebdav )

Any hint why this happens and/or how i can force the name?

I have exactly the same problem.

Nextcloud 27.0.2, Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, nemo 5.2.4

I can’t comment on how to resolve this for your use case, but I opened an issue some time ago to rename all group root folders with friendly names.

I suggested that group folder ID’s should have friendly names rather than numbers, but the issue was closed without a resolution.
If it was resolved, then you wouldn’t have these types of issues further down the line, when used in your use case as observed here using webdav/davfs as there is no folder name mapping/translation required!

Suggest commenting in link here issue #2430 for it to be reopened and resolved.

After some discussion on github this turns out to be an issue with the file manager nemo.

Therefore this issue has been moved to the nemo developers: Nextcloud with groupdfolder addon with webdav/davs shows folder-numbers instead of names · Issue #3331 · linuxmint/nemo · GitHub

It is actually a bug in NextCloud. Tested with version 28.0.1.

Some webdav clients (Nemo, Nautilus etc) asks for specific properties in PROPFIND, e.g. ‘displayname’.
And NextCloud then replies with the groupfolder id as the displayname.

There is a quick workaround here: Groupfolders show with id instead of name in webdav/davfs · Issue #2527 · nextcloud/groupfolders · GitHub

1 Like